March 9

♫︎ ♫︎ ♫︎ ♫︎ ♫︎ ♫︎( past )

♫︎ ♫︎ ♫︎ ♫︎ ♫︎ ♫︎
( past )

" Eomma, I want to go outside, please " I begged

" I wish I could go outside with you sweetheart but you know appa will get mad," my mother said softly as she patted my hair with a pure smile on her face.

" He is not here; we can go and get back home before he comes " I pouted

" As a birthday present to you we can go outside but only today, okay?" my mother said as she watched me clapping my hands happily.

I dressed quickly as my mother helped me put on my shoes. As soon as we left the house the wind slapped my face. The weather was chilly. Small droplets of rain were dripping down. Cars were rushing across the streets.

The smell of burgers and fries filled the place. I pressed my mother's hand tightly to grab her attention. When she looked at me, I pointed at a small restaurant that the smell was coming from. She smiled at me as she grabbed my hand and started walking across the road to go there. The place was filled with families talking and laughing. I wished that I could be in their place and that I can live happily like a family with my father and mother.

We found an empty seat and sat there. I watched my mother walking to the counter ordering the food. After five minutes she came with a tray and placed it on the table. The tray has one burger and medium fries. I questioned myself where was mother's food, maybe it hasn't been made yet

" where's your food,eomma?" I questioned my mother

" I am not hungry sweetheart, you eat" mother replied

I nodded and ate my sandwich. then we left. As we were heading back home, I stopped. The sound was euphoric. I looked at the girl who was sitting on the edge of the bench playing the piano. She was surrounded by people filming her. Her fingers were moving freely on the piano keys. The sound was calm and made me feel relaxed. The sound was then transformed with clapping.

This reminded me of my brother playing the guitar for me when I was younger. He taught me some simple notes that I still remembered. Unfortunately, my older brother, Jun Ki, left after he and my father had a huge fight. I still don't know the real reason why he left but my mother told me he did something bad that made my father mad so he kicked him out. Then, my mother interrupted my thoughts by calling my name.

" Yoongi let's go back home before appa come back, okay?" added mom as I nodded in agreement

When mom opened the house door the smell of alcohol filled the atmosphere. This smell was so familiar at our house. A black-haired man appeared. His clothes were dirty and smelled of alcohol and his face was full of small cuts that was dripping blood. His brows were knitted in a frown. Wrinkles were around his eyes. An empty bottle of soju was in his hand.

His eyes were full of anger and coldness.

My mother hid me behind her as I closed my eyes and grabbed her clothes tightly from fear.

" Did you go outside?" my father said

" y-yes" mom said trembling

" DIDN'T I SAY DON'T GO OUTSIDE " my father shouted

" I-I j-just wanted t-to take h-him out f-for his b-birthday" mother trembled more while sniffling.

" I don't have time to argue with you give me your money" father said annoyed

" I d-don't have m-money " whispered mom praying for him to not hear her and go away.

" WHAT? ARE YOU SERIOUS, I SAW MONEY IN YOUR PURSE YESTERDAY. DID YOU SPEND IT ON YOUR SON'S SHIT? " my father shouted again angrily

I held my mother's clothes more tightly

" ye-" before even mom could finish her word, she was on the floor putting her palm on her swollen checks from being hit by her own husband, my father.

Before I could even run to her she was being hit again with his legs. I couldn't do anything but cry and scream. I begged him to stop but instead of him stopping, he slapped me which made me faint.

I watched mom being abused by what I should call father all of my life. My mother has a small restaurant which is the only source of money. She overworked herself to get money for a decent living but my father takes her money and buys himself alcohol or spent it on poker

(◕ᴗ◕✿)

I opened my eyes seeing nothing but darkness. I could feel my sweat sliding all over my body. I got up seeing my mother curled up in a ball crying in the bed. My father was nowhere to be found. I slowly got up to comfort my mother. When I got here, I taped with my finger on her arm so she could look at me. She slowly tilted her head towards me. Her face was full of different-sized purple marks. Blood was dripping from her lips. She hardly moved her body to the sitting position. I ran and got a chair for standing on it. I opened the upper fridge door and got out the ice. I couldn't stop my tears from falling. I handed her the ice and started to take cubes and putting them in a small towel. I curled the towel in a ball and started running it slowly on mother's face.

"I am sorry, eomma "I said while crying

She cupped my face upwards and said "you did nothing wrong sweetheart, appa was just mad "

Then she hugged me tightly as we started crying in each other arms. From how tired we were, we slept. I was then awakened by the sound of crashing. The only thing that was left from grandma crashed on the ground. I saw mother panicking while cleaning the broken vase pieces.

She was dressed in her black wide trousers and a white shirt. By looking at her clothes I knew was going to work. Then she waved at me and gave me a flying kiss which made my lips wide open showing my gummy smile. she covered the purple marks with a liquid, colored the same shade of her skin color in a small glass bottle. It was scary how it can cover all the truth and pain.

Although she can barely walk, she had to go to work. She pointed at the plate on the table which had Kimchi. Then, she started walking towards the door then the next thing I saw was the door slapping and me being alone in the house. 

***********
That was the end of the chapter hope you liked it
Don't forget to vote