Memories

✩✩✩✩✩(past)

✩✩✩✩✩
(past)

The glass door opened and Chi-won was quick to talk but got interrupted by me

"We're closed, can't yo- oh Sungwoo what are doing here" he brought his eyes to me changing his angry expression to a peaceful one

"What? Ah I was...... passing by and came to buy something" he rubbed the back of his head

"Oh, come in" I suggested

"I don't want to interrupt you," he said which made me realize the position we were in and slip off from between chi-won's arms

"I just finished my shift, we can go if you want" I added, hoping he would say yes so, I could go somewhere else from Chi-won

"Yes sure" I sighed in relief

"Could you wait for me outside till I change?" he nodded in agreement

I rushed to the staff room and changed as quickly as possible and was about to walk back to him but was stopped by a firm hold on my wrist.

"So, you're just gonna leave?" he frowned his eyebrows

"Yeah, why wouldn't I, my shift ended" without giving him a chance to talk I pulled my hand from his hold and left the room, going back to Sungwoo.

We were walking in silence until he broke it and asked "Do you work here?"

"Ah well I just started yesterday but not sure if I will continue working here"

"Is it because of that guy?" he asked 

"Well... kind of" I hesitated  

"Anyway, do you know anything about my mom?" 

"Nothing, but my father is supposed to go today, I think he's there now"

"Ah okay, so what should we do now?"

"We can go back home and eat something while watching a movie" he suggested

"Okay" I said

Time flew so fast and we were now standing in the kitchen cooking with each other, our laughs were probably heard from next door.

He kept telling me about his past stories one after another making us laugh harder.

He made me happy.
He made me feel safe.
He made me forget about all my worries.

For the first time in years, I was actually enjoying the moment, thanks to him, Sungwoo.

We finished making the food and went back to his room. I stepped in noticing details of his room, his galaxy world.

His walls were painted in purple mixed with blue paint making the effect of the galaxy and the tiny white circles making stars.Also, small circled-shapeed colored objects were hung at the end of the wall representing the solar system. And the little stars glued on the ceiling that I remembered waking upon.

I scanned the room, finding it already perfect but my eyes stopped at the brown piano that was placed at the end of the room.

I got closer sliding my hand over it seeing the drawing that my brother and I used to draw. The piano brought back the memories of my brother sitting in front of it playing the keys softly, teaching me. But then every thing crashed and he was gone and the piano was gone.

"Where did you get this from?" I asked hoping he wouldn't notic ethe pain in my voice.

"We brought it from a guy from two or three years"

"Can I use it?"

"Yeah of course; let me hear something from you"

My fingers hesitantly pressed on the piano keys but got pulled off quickly.

It reminded me of home, the place where I felt nothing but pain.

"Something happened? Why did you stop?" he asked concerned

"Nothing, ah what movie will we watch?"

"What genre do you like the most?"

"Science fiction? thriller? I didn't think about it before" I added while running a hand through my hair.

"Ohh then let's see something new we can watch"

We sat next to each other on his bed with a remote in his hands swiping through the movies. After a while, we finally found a fiction, thriller movie called 'Train to Busan' that was about zombies.

It was now an intense scene and we were both focusing our eyes on the television.

AAAAAHHHHH!

We were now screaming and fisted our hands, not from the scene but were frustrated from the bell ring that interrupted the intense scene.

Sungwoo sighed a frustrated sigh and went to open the door, ready to kill somebody.

He took so long so, I walked outside checking who came and saw his father talking on the phone and heading straight to his room with Sungwoo following behind him.

After about ten minutes Sungwoo came with a paper in his hand and smiling proudly.

"I brought the hospital's name and place that has your mother and we can go to her tomorrow"

I clapped my hands together while smiling with happiness but I didn't know that this smile will disappear soon and the happiness will change into sadness.

☽︎