Changed?

☔︎☔︎☔︎☔︎☔︎(present)

☔︎☔︎☔︎☔︎☔︎
(present)

After I left him outside, I went to open the door. As expected, it was Solar holding white plastic bags that has food in it. My attention was grabbed by the savory smell coming out from the food, making me inhale the scent to figure out what was it. It took me to the point I didn't notice the fact that she was socked with water. I opened the door more widely for her to enter, grabbing the bags from her and putting them on the kitchen counter.

"Did it rain?" I managed to asked

"Yeah, but only while I was returning" she responded while taking off her white sneakers.

"Weird, no one said it would rain today and winter is still in three months..." I continued "... oh Do you need clothes?"

"No thanks I have some in my bag" she added and I responded with nod

She made her way to her mini back bag making me curious how did this bag pack clothes in it. She unzipped the bag with the little cute bear chain hanging in the zipper. Then she took out her extra clothes and returning back to me while brushing her hair with a brush she took earlier. She stood in front of me with questioning eyes making me glance at her with the same questioning eyes, not understanding.

"Of course I'm not going to change here"

"Yeah right, you can go change upstairs or take a shower while I prepare the table"

"Good, I'm going t- "solar was talking when something interrupted her. Someone interrupted.

"It looks cuter on me, right baby?"

Fuck.

I wanted to slap my self for believing he actually changed. I closed my eyes and sighed hoping it would decrease my anger before turning to him.

Seconds later, mine and Solar's gaze were focused on him going down the stairs. It was a little okay with what he did because I can still handle the situation and explain it to solar as misunderstanding until I saw him standing in front of me, making my blood boil and my eyes open wide from surprise.

There he is standing in front of me confidently as if there is nothing wrong but everything is wrong.

Although he has his bags with him that contains his clothes in it, he still wore mine. Although there are many other clothes, he still chose the one that Solar gave to me and he knows that. Although I told him to cover those hickeys with a consular, he still has them showed visibly. Although he knows Solar came, he still did this.

My mind was filled with million thoughts and excuses but I can't figure how to explain this to her. How could I explain someone calling me this nickname while wearing a black hoodie that she gifted to me and it was loosely hanging on his shoulder making his hickeys more visibly.

"He still has the habit of babying me" I directed my words to solar hoping she would buy this excuse and ignoring the other parts while convincing myself that she didn't notice the hoodie and hickeys.

She scrunched her eyebrows a little and nodded her head, her expression is hard for me to read and said "ah yeah.... I will go change"

"Yeah, go ahead" I waited for her to go upstairs and hearing the tick on the door closing and turned again to him, not forgetting to lower my voice so she can't hear.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" I asked

"Nothing"

"What do you mean by nothing, in case you forgot we're not in a relationship and weren't before and not going too either so why are you behaving like we are something"

"In case you forgot, we are something. just stop convincing yourself that what we are doing are nothing and in case you also forgot you are the one who started this so, stop blaming me." After he said this, I stood still in my place not finding the right words because every thing he said is true, what we are doing is something and I was the one who started this but I realized it was wrong loving him and stopped, right?

"But at least I stopped myself from doing anything"

"Tell that to yourself earlier or did you already forget" he corrected me

"I- " he didn't make me even continue and stopped me because he knows we're both tired from this talk "Just stop and didn't you say you're going to prepare the table, come help me"

At the end, I realized I am the one who didn't change.