Convenience Store

✩✩✩✩✩✩( past )

✩✩✩✩✩✩
( past )

After what happened the last time, my father left us for about a year. I wished that he would never come back. My mother had been sick for the past weeks and stayed at home. So the only source of money that we had was now shut for my mother's sickness.

There was a little money left enough for us to only eat for two days. So, I decided to go find a job that could support us with money. Today I went to almost all the stores in the town trying to find a job. But nothing. they said I was so young and that they don't hire people underage. I lost hope and sat on the road pavement.

After a while, I got up taking the bus to the town nearby. I collected the stores' names and places that needed workers, seven were still left. I sigh feeling bored and I entered a convenience store. I bowed at the people there asking for the owner. the worker there showed the room. I went there and opened the room slowly and bowing again.

" Why are you here young boy," said the owner.

" I saw the job offer in the newspaper and I am here to apply," I said.

" How old are you?" asked the owner while swiping through his phone.

" Thirteen, sir" I responded.

" Aren't you too young for the job?" questioned the owner.

"I know but I need money" I added.

The owner nodded and stood up leaving the room.

"This is your partner; you will be working the morning shift with him," he said and returned back to his room.

The other worker smiled at me and reached out his hand to me. I took his hand and shaked it. I went to the counter on the other side of the worker. Not a lot of people came today so it wasn't tiring. After four hours the sun began to set meaning my shift ended. I took my bag and went to the staff room for changing my clothes.

The other worker came a few minutes later. He took off his shirt, which made me take a full view of his upper well-built body. I widened my eyes looking at his abs. Then he faked coughing causing me to look away after the realization that I stared for too long. I apologized quickly turning my gaze away from his. Sure thing that my ears turned red from embarrassment.

"We didn't introduce ourselves so hi I am chi won, "he said while smiling.

"Ahh yes hi I am Min yoongi, you can call me yoongi" I said returning a smiled back.

Then we left the convenience store, walking from it.

" Do you live nearby?" he asked.

" No, I live in Taejeon-dong " I responded.

" I live there too; we can go together " he added and I nodded.

We went to the bus station waiting for the bus to arrive while sitting on the bench.

"Do you go to school? "Asked Chi won

" I used to go but I left for taking care of my mother, I will go back when she gets better" I replied.

"What about you?" I asked.

"I will go to high school after finishing this year" he responded and I nodded.

Then the bus came and we entered. He pressed his card on the machine paying for the two of us. He grabbed my hand going to the end of the bus sitting on the chairs. I didn't know why but my heart started beating fast.

"I will pay you back as soon as I get my salary," I said.

I glanced at him and saw him laugh. His laugh was beautifully showing his two dimples I hadn't noticed before.

"No need to, we are friends now, "he said while smiling again.

I nodded and tilted my head towards the window enjoying the air. Then he tapped my shoulder giving my attention to him. He handed me his headphones. I took one and he took the other. As soon as the music started, I continued looking through the window.

It surprised me that it was all a classic, peaceful sound of someone playing the piano. The piano, my first love. I used to play it with my brother when I was young but when he left, they sold the piano. My love for it is still there but it slowly faded.

After twenty minutes we arrived at Taejeon-dong. Our homes were in different directions so we left separately. I continued walking to the house while thinking about the day. It felt nice having a friend or someone that cared about you. I kept smiling while walking. Then I arrived in front of the building and went upstairs to the third floor. I opened the door slowly stepping inside. My smile completely disappeared as soon as I found my mother on the floor. Blood was surrounding her.

"Eomma" I screamed while rushing towards her.

*****************

Hope you liked it!