Forgiveness

(3rd POV)

The setting around the team squad was a beautiful forest. The sun was shining and the trees around them swayed in the breeze.

The problem with the setting was the large coffin in the center of the forest and the fact that every Team Squad member had a sorrow filled look on their faces.

(Anaya's POV)

We all stood around the coffin, except for Gary, who's guilt would not allow him to come any closer. No words were said and no tears were shed.

They didn't need to be. Alex stood next to Little Cato and I took the empty space next to Quinn.

Wanting some form of comfort, my head reaches out for Quinn's. As our fingers intertwined, he didn't pull away, in fact, his grip tightened on my hand.

"Funeral time, everyone! Let's make this special. Fox doesn't die everyday, you know! I promised I wouldn't break. I'm not breaking. Oh, god, he's dead!", KVN said ruining the moment. "So, are we doing this or what?", Ash demands in a low voice.

"Ash?", Little Cato asks, as Alex walks up to her expectantly. Ash glares down at Alex and say in a snappy tone, "You want me to say something? To make you all feel better about what Gary did? I don't think so. Who is this even for?"

"All of us.", Gary says from the tree line. "Crew means family, Ash. We loved him, too.", Hue states.

"What do you know about love, Hue? You're a freaking robot. What's there to say? None of you knew my brother. And then you killed him.", Ash states angrily, pointing at Gary. "I-I was trying to save your life, and... and-", Gary tried to say, but Ash cut him off.

"Yeah? Well, instead he ruined it.", Ash snapped. The scene around us began to fade away as the virtualazium shut off.

Ash started to walk off. "Ash, wait.", Little Cato called out, as he and Alex ran up to her.

"Where are you going?", Alex asks. "Anywhere but here.", Ash seethes.

[~Intro~]

Anaya is hurled uncontrollably down a colorful tunnel.

She desperately tries to balance herself as she continues to flail about.

Seeing the end of the tunnel fills her with sudden determination.

She activates her powers and flies towards the light at unmatched speeds.

Flying into it reveals the name of the story.

(Anaya's POV)

After Ash left, we decided to continue the funeral. As we walked Fox's coffin through the halls, KVN sang a song that even Gary was too upset to put a stop to.

"Oh, sweet baby child! I'll miss your big ole arms. Your big ole heart, your big face. And your ole pecky pecks. Everybody now! Come on! Huh? Come on! Everybody now!", KVN encourages. We ignore KVN as Quinn asks, "Shouldn't we wait for Ash?"

Sheryl replies, "I've been around a funeral or two. I don't think she's coming back." "She'll be back, I know it. But we need to finish this. We'll give Fox a send off she'll be proud of.", Little Cato states.