Mine and Yours

3 Weeks Later

Three weeks. 21 Days .523 Hours . 30,240 minutes . 1,814,400 seconds and counting.

It's been three weeks since Faith and Jax's fight at Diosa and Faith wasn't talking to Jax,she no longer kept Abel at her house but she still saw him every day when Gemma dropped him off at at dance studio ,Abel now stayed with Gemma and Nero at their place ,much to Abel's displeasure . Things were now tense between the former friends ,but this didn't stop Faith from going to T-M to talk to Happy ,Tig, Opie,Juice ,Rat and her dad but she didn't speak to Jax,she wouldn't even acknowledge his presence and she'd ignored his apologies and his greetings.

She even changed her phone number since he'd filled her voicemail last time with all his apology calls and his constant drunk dialing and demanded everyone not to give him her new number.

Jax was distraught, he missed her smile,her laugh ,the way her eyes sparkled when she would laugh ,he missed her presence, her caring nature ,the way she lit up the room when she'd walk in ,the way she'd make anyone and everyone feel welcome around her ,the way she'd protected her family ,he missed her and he'd fucked up by bringing up her deceased son Mason.

Mason was 8 months along growing in his mother's womb when his life was ripped away from him ,Faith has gotten pregnant in Portland about 8 almost 9 years ago ,and he was the light of Faith's eye ,she'd spent so much time preparing his nursery and picking out his clothes ,only to come back home with out that baby ,that nursery she'd spent time on was now the constant reminder of her failure, a constant reminder that she'd failed as a mother ,she failed at protecting her child and Jax knew she thought that. Mason died 3 1/2 weeks before his due date due to a detached placenta, but it hadn't been Faith's fault at all it had been Xavier's ,one of Faith's ex boyfriends who couldn't deal with the fact of Faith having another man's baby ,let alone the fact that she'd left him and he was now paying for that at Oregon State Correctional Institution for aggravated assault, attempted murder ,2nd degree premeditated murder and stalking. He would of received received 15 years but the Portland Charter had planted cocaine and guns in his apartment which led Xavier's sentence to 45 years with no chance for parole. The Portland Charter had also called in a favor with a local gang that was doing a stint in OSCT and had gotten Xavier shanked the eye and made his life in prison a living hell.

Jax knew he had to apologize and beg Faith to continue to be a part of his life but she wouldn't talk to him ,she wouldn't answer the door when he'd go to her house and he was starting to get angry ,he hated fighting with her ,hated the fact that she no was no longer part of his life ,hated that he was the reason why she'd made that decision ,hated the fact that he'd cause so much hurt to her .

"POPS , I BROUGHT YOU LUNCH SO HURRY UP AND COME GET IT !"he heard Faith's voice yell out breaking him out of his mindless trance ," Dad are you in here?"he heard her ask as her voice got closer to Gemma's office where he currently sat with the blinds shut , he quickly got up and stood in front of the desk as he heard the door open and Faith walk in "where are you? " he heard her murmur as she turned on the light ,he saw Gemma behind her "Hey Gemma ,have you seen my dad he call-Ahh!"she was interrupted as Gemma pushed her into the office and quickly locked the door from the outside "Gemma !? What are you doing? !"she yelled through the fiberglass window "you two have to talk "was all Gemma said as she pointed at Jax,who Faith has yet to notice, she turned and saw Jax behind her "Fuck"he heard her say as she ran a hand on her face.

He noticed that her hair looked a bit shorter and was no longer elbow length ,it was now a couple inches below her collarbone, she was wearing a flowy bright coral peplum tank top and skin tight black skinny jeans with her favorite heeled boots that were dark brown "Can you stop starring at me please?"she said as she reached into her purse and pulled out her pack of menthol cigarettes and lit one up "sorry "he said but continued looking at her ,trying to capture every little detail he could ,she huffed and snorted "right ,ok "she said as she blew out smoke and placed in the ashtray on Gemma's desk. "Faith I'm sorry for bringing up Mason it wasn't righ-"he began to say,falling to his knees in front in her, he attempted to hold her hand but she quickly pulled away "Stop"she said "But I'm sorry babe ,I never meant to hurt you-""No really? Jax, that baby was the most important thing in my life and you knew that ,You knew that!"she yelled at him as she hit his chest "but you made me feel as if it were my fault that Mason was killed" she said as she pulled away from him " do you know how hard I fought against the piece of shit?"she asked, he shook his head "I ended up with 4 broken ribs , a broken wrist ,a sprained ankle, minor scratches on my face , bruised knuckles,a black eye and I lost 3 nails that were still attached to his arm when the cops found us"she said "and that still wasn't enough to protect my baby"she said as a tear ran down her face "Faith ,please I'm so sorry ,I was an asshole for saying all those things and I'm sorry about Mason but it was never your fault it was that piece of shit "he said "do you know who Mason's dad was?"she asked quietly shrugging his attempt to hug her .

She knew that Jax would be mad at her for keeping this from him but she had to tell him ,Mason's death anniversary was coming up and he deserved to know ,he shook his head again "He was your son Jax "she said"it was when you came to Portland to visit me after I left Xavier, and we started drinking Jack Daniels, we somehow ended up in my bedroom and had sex ,the next morning I got up early and put your boxers on you and I went to the living room ,when you got up and acted as if nothing happened, I decided to do the same "she said she no longer held eye contact with Jax,"how did you find out he was mine?"he asked "when they did the autopsy on Mason they found out that he had a small tear in his heart ,it was genetic "she said as Jax stood there silent for a moment and looked at her "we were having a baby together? "He asked her ,she nodded "why? why didn't you tell me? "He asked "you were with Tara and you'd just gotten married, I wasn't going to do that and force you to have to deal with a drunken mistake "she said "but that was our baby Faith ,Mine and Yours"he said as he walked to her pushing her up against the door "I know "was all she said as tears ran down her face"he had my curls and I hoped he would have your eyes"she said as she looked at Jax, all he saw was her wide chocolate brown ,looking at him with so much pain and sorrow.

He could see that she had wanted to tell him ,but like always she'd put his happiness over hers ,she was a selfless person and he loved her for that "oh darlin' you should of told me"he said as he hugged her to him "I had a right to mourn him too"he said "I know Jax, his death anniversary is coming up in a couple of weeks ,I had him buried here in Charming "she said "can I go with you to visit him?"he asked, he felt her nod "I'm so sorry I couldn't protect our baby"she said as she pulled away "no ,baby don't say that it wasn't your fault "he said as he pressed his forehead against hers "it wasn't your fault, it was that asshole's "he said.

They stayed in Gemma's office for while and talked about Mason and Abel , as Faith sat on Jax's lap ,his fingers would run up her denim covered legs or play with her curls ,the room quickly got quiet after "I wish I could be a mother again "she said after a while "I never had the chance with Mason "she said "Maybe it was a sign that I shouldn't be a mother "she said as she rested her head against the crook of Jax's neck and shoulder "you would of made a great mother "he said ,he found himself looking at her face,admiring the smoothness it had ,the small beauty mark beneath the corner of her eye,he found himself slowly leaning towards her lips and when his brushed hers ,she signed and leaned in.

His hand was suddenly in her hair pulling her closer and hers rested on his bicep ,Jax felt as if he was indestructible at that moment,he felt at peace ,as if life wasn't as jaded as he knew it was ,Faith quickly pulled away and got up from Jax's lap and walked towards the door "Faith where are you going? "He asked confused "I'm sorry Jax "she said "I shouldn't of kissed you, your wife just died and you only see me as a sister "she said as she tried to open the door "Faith ,come over here "he said "please?"he said again as she continued to stand against the door ,she slowly complied.

"Do you know why I married Tara? "He asked ,"Because you loved her "she said "no ,don't get me wrong I did love her but it was because she was pregnant but she miscarried and then she got pregnant with Abel and we stayed together,but the only woman I've ever loved was in Portland and I was an asshole who thought with his dick and got a girl ,who hated the love of my life ,pregnant and I had to pay for that and I stayed with her because I was lonely "he said "you love me?"she asked as she leaned into him "more than anything in this world "he said as he also leaned in "Kiss me you idiot "she said "As my princess wishes"he teased as he kissed her.