Chapter 19: 3 rings

TW: mentions of burning, tell me if ⟟ need more:)

Karl POV

Did I forget something...

I just got back from the in between, and I feel like I'm forgetting about something. Shoot where did I just come back from. Uh, it's um OH ok I came back from the um haunted mansion I think. Oh yeah, the Haunted Mansion...

Schlatt was there... I need to tell QUACKITY!

I wrote down in a journal and run upstairs to the library, calling for Quackity. I run out of The library, then out of Kinoko, then looking everywhere in the dream smp. I couldn't find him.

I run to the prison and call for Sam. He should know where Quackity is right?

"Sam hi! Do you know where" I take a breath "where Quackity is?"

"Sorry Karl, I don't think I can tell you."

"What do you mean you can't tell me?"

"It's private information Karl sorry."

"Sam I need to tell him something please just where is he?"

"Karl, I'm going to need to ask you to leave."

Quackity POV

"Quackity, your time is up." I hear Sam say from beyond the lava.

"Send me back then," I yell back grabbing my weapons. I get back and start to walk home until...

"Quackity! Finally, I found you!" Karl yelled at me. He ran up and hugged me.

"Why were you looking for me?" I say flirtatiously, He giggles but then looks confused.

"I- I um I guess I forgot. Maybe I just missed you! A lot! Can we go cuddle please?" His voice was muffled by being on my shoulder but I could understand.

"Yeah of course bubs come on" we walked home with our hands interlocked. Something seemed off about him.

3rd POV

After weeks of Karl forgetting things left and right, he forgot about the wedding multiple times, he forgot about Kinoko, he even forgot about George, The only good thing is he forgot about his parents... Either way, Sapnap decided he was going to find out what was happening with his fiancé's memory. Who better to ask than the one man who knew it all. Dream.

Sapnap POV

"Sam, I would like to make my visit." I type in chat. He then leads me through the process of getting into the prison. I signed everything and finally, I got in.

"Dream..." I say just under a whisper, but he still somehow heard me.

"Pandas!" Dream said while going over to hug me but before he can I back up.

"Dream I need help... Karls for-" I start until he cuts me off

"You've come to me for advice about your relationship. Of course, you did, no one ever just wants to check up on me. Did you know George hasn't even come to see me? Hasn't even tried..." He sighed, sliding down the obsidian walls.

"Dream, I didn't know I'm sorry." I genuinely feel a little bad. He did shitty things but I don't think he deserves to be separated from his boyfriend.

"It's fine I guess... at least you're here now!" he smiled. I haven't seen him do that in a while.

"Yeah um... Karl keeps forgetting things and I wanted to know if you knew anything about it."

"Karl this, Quackity that. Sapnap they don't care about you as much as I do when will you see that? You're just trying to fill the void of our friend group drifting! You don't care about them Sap. You care about me and George!"

I stare at him confused. "W-What do you m-mean"

"You are trying to replace me and George with them. Admit it you miss us and this is how you cope. Come back Sap. I love you more than them."

"Dream I'm not going to just leave them!" I start to get pissed at him.

"WHY NOT! THEY DON'T LOVE YOU! THEY NEVER HAVE! I care about you Pandas. I care." It took me a while until my brain processed the words he just said.

"They- They don't love me" I start, disbelief strong in my voice

"Of course they don't. They never would. They just feel bad that your parents left so they haven't left you yet." I feel tears streaming down my cheeks looking at him shocked, but I pull it together because I don't want him to see me cry.

"NO! Y-you're lying! I'm leaving. Goodbye Dream."

"Fine, deny the truth then. You know I'm right."

"Sam. I'm done here."

~time skip~

I never forgot what he said. I never forgot, but maybe he was right.

I was sitting at home, without my fiances. Quackity was "busy" and Karl had disappeared again.

You know what I'm done! I'm done with the secrets! I'm done with the lies! I'm done with them.

I put on a tv show to calm myself until Quackity got home. I couldn't even look at him without feeling like I wanted to rip his head off.

"Where's Karl? I need to talk to you guys. Both of you." I say sternly.

"Um... I don't know. I thought you were with him." he walked over to the couch and sat there realizing I was watching something. I roll my eyes and pay attention to the screen.

After another hour Karl comes home. I get up and tell them we need to talk.

"I don't think I can do this anymore. It feels like none of you care and I'm tired of it." I say finally. I waited for them to respond but they just stood in shock.

"W-what do you mean Sap?" Karl stuttered out. I saw a tear fall from his eye, but I didn't care.

"You guys are just forgetting about me and you're obviously too busy for this relationship so I'm leaving. You guys can stay together if you want but I'm done. I've already packed my things. Goodbye." and I walked out. When I shut the door I realized it was raining but I didn't care. I just went into the car and drove. A single tear slid down my cheek.

Quackity POV

"Karl- what- what did you do?!"

"What did I do?! What did I do?! Alex what did YOU do?!"

"KARL SHUT UP I HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING!! IT'S ALWAYS ONE OF OUR FAULTS CAN'T BE KARLS!"

"STOP THE HONK ABOUT IT'S 'NEVER MY FAULT' WHEN HAS IT BEEN YOUR FAULT!!"

"You know what Karl." I look at my ring. Karl obviously noticed because he started begging for me not to do it. But it was too late...

3rd POV

Quackity gently slid his ring off and almost all at once. Quackity's ring flew into the air and started spinning until it turned into an orange and purple poker chip with his signature smile on the inside. Sapnap's immediately burst into flames while driving, leaving a burn mark on his ring finger. He started sobbing uncontrollably when he realized what had happened. Finally, Karl's ring broke off and disappeared into another timeline.

This was only the beginning of the end
______
Not the end of the book ⟟ didn't know if that was obvious or not:/

Anyways have ⏃ good day night morning:)