Chapter 14

"The weather outside is crazy," Zoe said as she dried the dishes. "Yea it's crazy. Everyone should stay home. I mean in weather like this no one would be safe outside". "They should cancel your school so we can just have fun at home," Zoe suggested. "All done," I said as I finished stacking all the plates and keeping them on the shelves. "Ok. So what are we gonna watch today," She asked me. "Umm you pick," I said to her. "Ok," she agreed. Suddenly the doorbell rang. "Don't worry I'll get it. You go upstairs and pick the movie" I said to her and started walking towards the door. 

I tried to look out the window but it was frozen. I could only see a figure standing outside. I decided to answer the door. And I wasn't expecting to see her. "Harley?" 

"Ariana," She said while shivering uncontrollably. "Omg come inside," I said to her and she rushed in. I helped her to the couch and went to the kitchen to make her hot chocolate. I remember how much she used to love drinking it. Especially during winter whenever we went to the cafe she would order a hot chocolate with whipped cream and cinnamon. 

After I was done preparing the hot choco I made sure to put the cinnamon too. I went back to the living room. She was seated on the couch with a blanket wrapped around her. Why is she here tho? I thought she regretted our friendship and that she hated me now. Whtever I need to get this over with. Ari, you got this. 

"ARI ARE YOU DONE? THE MOVIE IS STARTING" Zoe yelled from upstairs. "I'LL BE THERE JUST GIVE ME A FEW MINUTES" I yelled back. Harley turned around to look at me and she was still shivering. I quickly went to her and handed her the hot choco.

"Thanks a lot," She said as she took a sip of it. "How is it?" I asked her. "It's great. I love it" That made me happy for a few seconds. Just for a few seconds till I realized that we weren't actually friends anymore. Should I even treat her that way? I mean I wish that we were best friends and I wish those last few months never happened but it did. And I shouldn't be treating her so nicely. 

"Why are you here Harley?" I asked bluntly. "Because," She said but stopped in midsentence. "I made a mistake,"