Chapter 15

"I made a mistake," She mumbled. "Well, we aren't best friends remember. Maybe go talk to Jenny or Sierra or Amy-" but she cut me off. "I made a mistake about us. I messed up." Then it was quiet. She just looked down at the mug while I was trying to figure out if this was a prank. "If this is some kind of prank that you, Jenny, and Sierra are pulling on me it's not funny," I said to her. She looked serious bout it but I can never be too sure. "Ari. I swear this is not a prank" Maybe I should let her explain. "Only my friends can call me Ari," I said to her. "Right. Look I know that I have no right to just come and talk to you after what I have said and done but if I don't the guilt will eat me alive" She looked sad and I think she genuinely wants to apologize.

"Am listening" I said to her. "Remember the time I told you guys about my parents sending me to the boarding school," I just nodded. "Well one day Jenny came to me and we were just talking when she told me things. Bad things about you. Stuff like you snitching on me and spreading rumors bout us. And lots of stuff and I remember that we had a fight just the day before. And when Jenny told me this I believed her. Because I was mad at you. I was angry at you and hearing this made me furious. Even tho deep down I knew you weren't the kind of person to do something like this I still believed her and she eventually asked me to chose and I was mad at you and that's why I chose Jenny over you. It sounds dumb and stupid but at that time I wasn't thinking right I was just so mad at you" 

"So even after a whole year, you didn't realize your mistake?" I asked her not believing in her story. "I did. And I came back but Jenny stopped me. She made sure that I didn't apologize. She showed me proof. She said that you wanted to ruin my life just like you ruined Neil's. That's what you do. That's why we didn't know much about your old life. Because you ruined everyone else's lives. And I believed her again. I thought she was telling the truth." By now both Harley and I were tearing up. 

How could Jenny do this? How could she lie about me? "The reason I didn't tell you about my old life was because I didn't want it to repeat. Because after I left they forgot bout me and I didn't want to look weak and vulnerable in front of you all. I wanted to start over. Have a better life. I know that I ruined Neils's life but I didn't mean to. Everything that happened was by accident. I would never try to ruin anyone's life. And I wouldn't hurt you or my friends ever"