Chapter 22

I can't see her. I can't bring myself to go in there knowing that it's over. "Neil?" I heard a voice call me. I looked up and saw a similar face. "Mrs. Mills," I said not at all happy to see her. I know how she treated Ari. I know she didn't love her. "Why are you here?" I asked her. "Because of my daughter," She said with tears flowing down her cheeks. "You don't deserve to be called her mother. Not after all the horrible things you have said and done" I said angrily. "I know that I haven't been the best mother and I know I have done a lot of bad things," She said as tears continued to flow down her cheeks. "Well, it's a little too late to realize your mistake" I don't believe her. Not even for a second. "I know that and I was gonna come here early this year so we could celebrate her birthday and new year and we wanted to surprise her," She said 

"Suprise her?" I asked curious about what they could possibly give her to make her happy. "We were gonna move away. We were going to take her with us and start over. We realized our mistake and we wanted to ask her forgiveness" She said in a sad voice. Do I even believe her? "I don't believe a single word that comes out of your mouth," I said to her bluntly. "How could you think you could as her forgiveness. You broke her more than you helped her." I continued. "You were ready to give her up for adoption and she knows that too" Mrs. Mills looked at me with a shocked expression. "How? How do you know about the adoption?" She asked in horror. "Because she found the papers. And she broke. That was the day I realized you both really are heartless. You were ready to give up your own flesh and blood and for what? So you can have more money?" at this point I didn't even realize I was yelling. "Mrs. Mills you can go see her now," The doc interrupted. 

After about 30 mins both Mr. and Mrs. Mills came out of the room with teary eyes and a running nose and they both looked exhausted. I know I shouldn't have yelled at Mrs. Mills like that but I remember Ari's face when she saw those adoption papers. I saw her happiness just fade away in seconds and it was one of the most heartbreaking sights I have ever seen. "Neil you should go in too. They are talking about pulling the plug soon. You should say your goodbyes" Zoey said to me. "I can't. I can't do it" I told her. She took a seat next to me. "I know that it's hard but if you don't do it you will regret it your whole life. You will think about it every day just hoping you went in." She is right. I need to be strong or else I will regret it my whole life. 

I got up and I entered the room. And as soon as I saw her I broke. I thought I was gonna be ok and that I would stay strong but I couldn't. Never have I ever felt so powerless in my life before. I wish I could change that night. I would do anything. Anything.