Chapter 27

O shit. I didn't notice the time. They are gonna kill me. 3 missed calls and 45 mssgs. Shit. I had plans with Harley, Amy, and Jenny. I just got so absorbed into this book that I didn't even look at the time. I gathered all my stuff from the table and I sprinted out of the library. I ran down the stairs and my phone started to ring. I tried to remove my phone as I was speed walking when I bumped into something and fell to the floor. For fks sake. I looked up and it wasn't something it was someone. A guy. "Sorry," I said gathering my stuff from the floor. "O it's ok" He replied. I gathered all my stuff, got up, and left. 

A few days later 

I bumped into the same dude again. That's so embarrassing. And this time there were people around. Like why can't I watch where am going. Am a mess. I have so many assignments to complete and I have barely slept in the past 3 days. And with the exams coming up I think am gonna pass out. "Will you relax Ari. you can take a break." Harley said closing all my books. "I can't. I have so much stuff to do and my parents said that if I get good grades then they will buy me a car and I don't have to use the bus all the time" I said to her. I am not the kind of student who would study this much but I promised my parents that I can do it and I will prove to them that I can. I just need to work hard this one semester. I can do it. 

Later at night 

People have different methods to relieve stress. Listening to music, Dancing, Writing it down but for me it's swimming. The water calms me. And in the end, when am exhausted from all the swimming I finally get a good night's sleep.

After 2 laps I was out of breath so I decided to take a break. I climbed out of the pool and decided to take a break for a while. But suddenly I heard a voice and I got startled by that guy. The one I bumped into. "Hey sorry didn't mean to scare you. I just thought no one came here at this time" He said. "Oh," The thing was I recognize him. His eyes. They are hard to miss. he is the same guy from the ball but I don't think he knows that I am the girl. I hope he doesn't. "You are good. Are you on the team?" he asked me. "Uh no. I just swim to relax myself." I replied. "I thought so." He replied. "Can I help you?" I asked him since he kept looking at me. "No I just feel like we have met before," he said trying to figure me out. "Yep, I bumped into you. Twice" I replied. "Are you sure I feel like I have seen you before" 

"No, I don't think we know each other" I mean what could he possibly say if he knew it was me that night. "So you don't recognize me?" He asked as he walked towards me. "Uh I don't think so" I replied. "Well I don't expect you too but does the name Neil sound familiar?" Shit, he knows. Now am gonna get busted for lying. Wait should I even care? Maybe I should just admit that I remember him."I remember" I admitted. "It's a small world," He said holding onto the bag that was hanging off of his shoulder. I just simply nodded. "I finally get to see your whole face" He replied looking at me intensely making me extremely uncomfortable. "Will you finally tell me your name?" He asked me. "Ariana. Ariana Mills"