Six

Aditya

I don't believe this. She is That Zoya!?? It's seriously unbelievable. Was she always this pretty? If yes, then why didn't I ever notice her before? She was my junior and the cultural assistant, I'm pretty sure that we had more interactions than I can remember right now. How come all I remember of her are her glasses?

She probably (and hopefully ) didn't notice my amazement as we sat on the opposite sides of the restaurant's table.
And my stupid mind didn't think twice before blatantly looking at her. The cool breeze playing with her hair, making the strands left from her bun trouble her eyes.

How did I even miss those eyes? Those beautiful eyes, a shade of brown so enticing that I've never seen before. How did I not notice her?
Should I blame those glasses?
Or Am I to be blamed?

"What?" She said turning to me. I just hope she didn't take my gaze in any wrong way. I'm just amazed and lost...and out of control, but I can't tell her that, but I hope she knew.

Aditya... Answer!!!

"What?"

"What you looking at?"

And there, Oh boy! I've never made a lame excuse like this one.

"Oh! Nothing...I thought there's a chameleon on the tree right behind you."

"WHAT!!..." She moved in panic and started inspecting the trunk.

"What happened??" Dhara asked her.

Great!! I'm so proud of you... Excuseless Idiot.

"No...no there isn't one. I just thought I saw it."

She sighed with relief and composed herself.

"You scared me."

"I didn't know you're scared of reptiles."

"Even if I'm not...I won't accept one sitting on my head and continue to eat."

"Point. Sorry."

Sorry for looking at you like that.

"Well, how did you recognize me? I mean, you clearly didn't know me when.....(I can't mention that incident, coz everyone thinks that the T-shirt she was wearing until a while ago is her Boyfriend's)... we first met." I asked as we waited for our order.

"I had a feeling that I know you...and then... when I heard of your full name. I knew exactly who you were. " She snapped.

"Oh... I see. I'm glad you recognized me coz clearly I didn't." She cocked her head at me. " As in, you were such a nerd back then. I don't think we even talked much in school. How would I remember you then?"

"Please allow me to enlighten you, sir, just because I wear glasses that doesn't mean I'm a nerd."

"Okay Sorry...I didn't mean it that way. Maybe because you were a bit introverted and didn't talk to many. I'm honored to know that you remember me."

"Of course I do. I've witnessed the puddles you caused behind while you did laps in the ground and did the most number of push-ups for the physical test. There's no chance I can forget you."

That carefree and shrugging tone of hers surprised all three of us a little. Or maybe just me and Abeer. Something about Dhara's expression tells me that she has witnessed higher levels of Zoya and her bluntness.

"Ahem" I cleared my throat because I wasn't prepared for that piece of information. "...I see."

Why did I even ask that question?