Thirteen

Zoya

"I really don't think this will work." I told Dhara. Aditya's words revolving in my head.

Sorry Zoya
I didn't do it on purpose
It didn't mean anything.... Sorry .... SORRY?

Didn't mean anything?....and there I was overwhelmed by the kiss and thinking myself to be a shitty person while that kiss didn't mean anything to Aditya.

That man was literally apologising for letting his nerves act and kiss me, so ofcourse it just happened in the heat of the moment and Dhara's plan of letting him know about my break up isn't going to work.

"Look." I remember what she had said after I told her every single thing that had happened. "I'll casually mention about your break up in front of Abeer and will not tell a word about whatever happened between you and Aditya. If Aditya is even slightly into you... Abeer will tell him about your break up....I know their friendship well enough to guarantee that and then....If he likes you, he'll make a move...try to contact... anything....and if he doesn't make a move then we'll stick to your conjecture that whatever happened was just your hormones."

Something about it convinced me.

No let me be very precise.....the mere idea of a possibility of Aditya actually liking me has the potential to convince me to stay hungry for next two days but thankfully that isn't required and also.... I don't know... it's too awkward to admit but Dhara doesn't seem to care too much. She's adamant to find out herself, anyway.

"This will....And I am pretty sure that Aditya likes you...one thing I know for sure that he isn't someone who goes around kissing everyone he finds."

"...but..." Something inside me is very sure that all this is going to lead to Dhara's disappointment and.... Because of the hopes that her words are giving me.... I'm going to have a heart break...for sure.

"Sush...." She said going into her room after doing her dishes.

I stood beside the sink in order to wash my plates quietly.

It's okay Zoya...Go sleep now, you've an important meeting tomorrow.

Goodness!! I was late this morning. I rushed into the elevator of my office building. Stepping onto the elevator, the doors close behind me, leaving only me and My boss's assistant was already in this metal box.

"Morning" I smiled.

"Made it right before death knocked at your door." She passed a knowing smile and I reciprocated and then neither of us said anything.

Death knocked...what if Aditya knocked at my door and I'm not there? He doesn't even have my number.... Fair enough, why will he ask for my number when he doesn't even intend to be my friend? And I was thinking that he was interested in me..... romantically.
Oh! I wish he was. I could...feel his taste in my mouth. I still remember evry single flap the butterflies took in my belly. His lips...his smile....his....

Shit, don't think like that, Z. Holy Christ, I'm driving myself insane with all my rambling thoughts.

We reached to the main floor and when the door whooshes open, and then we both step out. I feel something wet on the back of my heels and I stop, leaning my hand against the wall as I try to see what it is.

"Son of a batch of cookies!"

Why? Why oh why did I wear brand-new heels for my first day of work? They've shredded my feet and now all I want to do is hold them to my chest-my feet not the heels and rock them back and forth telling them it'll get better knowing thatt I've a very important meeting today and it's going to be a helluva busy day.