Fourteen

Aditya

Her body feels tensed when I put her down, right next to the passenger seat of my car.

I shouldn't have done this. Why do I snap my brains out around this woman? No matter how much I did want to pick her up, no matter how much I wanted her to not suffer because of a shoe... because of anything in general...and no matter how much I appreciate that she didn't protest otherwise. I know this will make her awkward.

Will?...fuck... Awkward is written on that pretty face.

"I...I...." She muttered.

I silently look at her to complete.

"I...."

C'mon now Zoya.....her cheeks are all red and I pray to the heavens that it's not because of that pink powder girls use.

Compact? No...primer. Yeah. I hope it isn't a primer.

"It's..J, K, L, M, N and then O and then P...and then..."

"Shut up.." she punched that tiny fist across my arm.

Oh Mama...How dangerous!!!

"Then you speak up." 

"I think I should get in..."

"Ofcourse you should.." I opened the door for her and when she got in, I don't know why but I stopped there for a while, bending by the door.

She was fidgeting her thumbs together, sitting with a knees close to eachother. Diminishing her already small frame.

"What?" She looked at me.

"Are you having second thoughts about this?"

"Why?"

"Because you look as if you've been asked to give a speech in front of a huge audience."

"Hun?" She looked straight into my eyes with confusion.

How the hell can someone be so cute? Her eyes so big and gorgeous, looking at me parting her mouth.

Don't think about her mouth...Adi...STOP!.

I turned my gaze to her eyes instead.

"You're nervous."

"No.. not at all.."

"It's written on your entire body shortcake."

"I.... it's just...I mean.... it's... weird...I ran that day but now I'm here...You just picked...." Her lips tightened.

Her face goes into an 'I shouldn't have said that' expression. I don't thinkshe has any idea how easy it is to read her face?

"Nothing...I mean...."

Hell yes she's having second thoughts about this.

"Zoya...I don't how is that possible but I think you don't know something that you really should?"

"What?"

The innocence in her eyes is melting my heart. I covered her frame with the door, filling the little gap.