Twenty Seven.

Aditya

I was at the bar with the boys.

As per the bride's orders, the Sangeet celebration had to be extremely traditional, just like the other celebrations. It did give us boys some good time together while all the elders, especially ladies were busy with the Sangeet.

Abeer was with us as well.

We all sure needed this time.

"No but really? Why does she have to be so adamant? I cannot even see my own fiance? That's soo unfair."

This dude is still whining.

God! He's getting on my nerves now.

One more day and she'll be your wife.

For fucks sake Abeer, chill out. You can see here whenever after tomorrow.

But it immediately panged inside me. How I miss Zoya when I'm out, flying.

In the past four months of our relationship... I guess I have missed her more than I actually got to be with her.

Our schedules are so tight that we have to scrape time out for us.

In between our tassle to find to be together, I had my parents come over too.

Since it'd be too soon for my parents to know about her.
We had to keep our meetings outside.

After days and sometimes weeks of pining to see her, I only get to have a meal with her. And the way, that little time satisfies me and yet somehow leaves me craving for more, helps me  understand Abeer.

It truly must be very difficult for him to not see the woman he loves even when they're under the same roof.

I don't think I'd ever be able to do that.

Moment I know Zoya's around, I always run to her.

I take a sip of my cocktail as I think about her.

"But Damn Abeer, I regret not coming to that trip you planned." Danish exclaimed.

"Oh right boy!... Only if you told us that Dhara had such hot girlfriends." Siddhesh, Danish's cousin continued.

"Especially...Zoya. damn! She fine!!!" Danish said, it made my ears twitch as I look at him.

I think he noticed my disapproval that he toned it down.

"I meant... she's hot. One cannot deny that."

"Sure she is. You got lucky Adi. I heard that she'd just broken up before the trip."

"Our boy bagged her!!" He laughed, giving my shoulder a playful pat.

"Bagged? You're going to use that word? what do you think my girlfriend is?" I said, less like a question but more like a statement that'd keep his mouth rather shut. He raised his arms in a surrendering manner, realising that he needed to keep his words in check.

This was not the first time we were discussing women.

I mean... We're school buddies who're meeting after years.. What else do you think we do when we have a little alcohol in us?.... But although I know that my friends are not assholes... Infact, they're good people.