Eight

Aditya

I tried my best to sleep last night. She kept crossing my mind. I've not even had a proper conversation with her but still it seems like nothing was stopping me from thinking about her.
Is this what they say about being smitten..

Because If it's true...I am pretty sure I certainly am smitten.

Last night, I wish I had words to describe how beautiful she looked.
That big Tee, it made her look even more adorable. And trust me..I won't shy away from admitting that I held my breath more than once while looking at her. The light of the flames on her face....aah! I've never seen anything prettier nor will I ever be able to.

Abeer told me that I did a fair job at keeping my eyes away from her. So I guess, I should be relieved that she didn't notice me.

I walked towards the garden with Abeer who was on the phone.
Keep that phone aside, idiot. I had told him but apparently this was an important call. Anyway.

I looked around, almost everyone was ready. We were going trekking today. But Dhara is with Kriti...why? Where's Zoya?

My eyes searched for her but she wasn't there. The guide was standing a little away with his assistant. I looked up, it's cloudy.

The wind was strong too.

I nudged Abeer the moment he cut off the call.

"Ya ya...I won't use Phone after this."

This motherfucking idiot.

I swallowed all the auspicious words that almost left my lips.

" Zoya?" I murmured adjusting the collar of my shirt with my hand.

"She must be here..." He said looking around.

"She isn't." My eyes tell him.

"Oh...."

"What 'oh'? Go ask Dhara."

"Why me?"

"Who do you think is supposed to marry Dhara? Me?"

"Yarr..."

"Are you going to ask her where Zoya is or do you want my hands to make you incapable of getting married this year?"

"Fine fine....but she isn't single."

"And what does that have to do with her absence here?"

He just rolled his eyes and went to Dhara.

After sometime he texted. "She's unwell. My guess? I think she's on her periods."

He didn't guess it, Dhara told him. Clearly. He is just trying to make me wonder too much.

"Or maybe she has fever." He texted again.

I am not believing the latter but now all of a sudden, I don't want to go for the trek.

"Will it realy be okay if we go now? I mean...look at the wheather." The wind was getting stronger.

"Ah....I too was going to say that." The guide said.