TWENTY- NINE

Zoya

When I returned to my house after Dhara's wedding, there was one thing that I was certain of...that I was going to keep Aditya for life.

As the night stretches on, and I find myself enveloped in weird coldness of my own room. The silence of my house is deafening, the other side of the bed colder than ever before...my bed feels empty... While Aditya is soaring the skies, his absence weighs heavily on my heart and I can feel it around me as well.

Lying there, I close my eyes, my mind wandering to the moments we've shared, to the warmth of his embrace, the way his arms encircle me, pulling me close.

The memory of his touch lingers like a humming sensation, and I ache for it, longing for the warmth of his skin against mine.

I wish I could summon him back to me through memory alone. But it's not enough, and the yearning in my chest grows stronger.

I crave the soft, sweet kiss of his lips against mine, the way his fingers trace intricate patterns on my skin, igniting a fire within me. The desire to be held in his arms, to feel the rhythm of his heartbeat against my ear, is an ache that I can't quell.

There's a taste in my mouth, and it feels like desire...it feels like I'm yearning for Aditya. I got up to get myself a few scoops of ice cream.

I need this sweetness...these calories... my mouth that is aching to feel Aditya, is trying to do with this strawberry ice-cream.

Strawberry? Not really my favourite but I am his shortcake...right?

This is the right flavour to try and feel him.

The hours drag on, and I imagine Aditya navigating the endless expanse of the night sky, alone, as I am here on Earth.

It's a lonely feeling, and my heart feels like it's floating in that same endless expanse, yearning to be tethered to him once more.

I reach for my phone and send a simple message..'Miss you,' I type, the words inadequate to convey the depth of my emotions.

As I wait for his response, I'm acutely aware of the distance that separates us.

I hugged a pillow to my chest, burying my face in its softness as if it were a surrogate for Aditya.

"I miss you' I murmured within my chest, yearning for tomorrow... when he would return, when I could run into his arms and feel the world melt away in his embrace.

The moment he returns, I'm going to kiss him so bad....trust me...

This feels sinful but ....I cannot stop thinking about him.

'Just a few more hours shortcake and I'll be right next to you. miss you too' I read his text from the notification's pop up while I was in a meeting, the next morning.

He had called too but I wasn't in a position to receive. He must've figured that I was occupied, hence the text.

I was sitting in my cabin when I realised that it was 7 p.m. already.
Dammit! I don't like when I am not able to finish my work on time.... This is so ridiculous Zoya!!! You had planned so much for tonight and now?.... You're just tiring yourself because you cannot be punctual for fucks sake!?!!!!!

I opened my hair, releasing the bun on my head and sighed as I turned my computer off and right then, he called.

"What's my shortcake doing?".... Ugh!!!! His voice hits the length of my spine.

One word from him and I turn into a mushy ball from the uptight head analyst of the company.

"Workk!! Ugh... anyways. When did you land?"