Money Burns Easily

"Why is it that all of your fireproof options only include leather?" Stiles asked Lizzie, while looking down at his jacket, belt, and shoes that happen to be completely made of leather, so far the only thing that wasn't was the jeans and red compression shirt.

"Give us a turn," Lizzie said, twirling her finger around.

Stiles let out an annoyed sigh, as he lifted his arms and turned, showing off his black leather jacket.

Hope passed by Lizzie's room, and she had to keep herself from drooling at the sight of Stiles in his new fashion.

"Now ignite," Lizzie said.

WIth a growl Stiles caught fire, the fire still went through his clothes but they didn't burn.

Hope forcibly drew her eyes away from the Hellhound and walked away, the sound of his fire crackling still echoing in her ears.

Stiles and Hope walked down to the assembly hall separately, and sat a good distance from each other so they wouldn't raise suspicion.

Hope stood beside Alaric as he started to speak, and Stiles sat in the very back row.

"I know a lot of things have changed around here lately, but in my opinion, that's a sign of growth. And despite our growing pains, I like to think our student body has never been more... united," Alaric said, looking at the very small number of people there.

"There's like nine of us here," Hope reminded him.

"Which means your voice carries, Hope," Alaric said, a fake smile plastered on his face,"But despite our spotty assembly attendance, which I will address, we now have students enrolled. Which officially... makes us a school in the Commonwealth of Virginia. And, more than that, a home! And-and more to that, uh, sense of community... I give you Elizabeth Saltzman."

There was scattered clapping and Lizzie approached the stand, clearing her throat.

"I know I'm not the only one who misses the way things used to be around here. That doesn't mean that our way of life needs to change. The simple math is fewer students equals less tuition. Which is why... the smoothie bar has been shuttered, the pool closed, and all of our dances and trips have been canceled. But... I have a way to turn that all around, with your help. Our first... hopefully last... Salvatore School Fundraiser Month," She said almost painfully.

Alaric clapped ecstatically.

Stiles remembered the one time Beacon Hills had a fundraiser, it was a car wash and he remembered how Lydia and Jackson drooled at the sight of Stiles' bare chest, that was the only time they had seen his muscles without his baggy clothes.

"Over the next four weeks, we will be hosting a series of events. A car wash, a bake sale. And I am well aware that that is only two ideas, so any recommendations are welcome," Lizzie said practically begging for help, and Cleo stood up,"That's the spirit, Cleo."

"Hope and I can make art and host an auction," Cleo said, and Stiles' brows raised in surprise, he didn't know Hope did anything close to art.

"I would like to retract that offer," Hope said immediately.

"Too late. Art auction approved," Lizzie said,"Now, if some of our more tenured students could follow your example, we'll have this place back to normal in no time."

"I'm pretty good with barbeque," Stiles offered standing up,"If this town has any decent meat I could make something up."

"Now we're getting somewhere," Lizzie said.

A dark haired girl walked in,"Sorry to interrupt. I was on my way to school and you need to sign for this."

Stiles' eyes narrowed on the letter.