BURN GREMLIN BUUURRRN!

Stiles sat in his chair as everyone else sat down waiting for Alaric to start his lesson or lecture or whatever it is.

Stiles sat in the very back, alone. It had been a week and the Salvatores had been pretty welcoming but Stiles needed a break, he came back to the school a few days after Landon came back.

He averted his gaze from the sight of Hope and Landon sitting next to each other, Hope glanced back at him and Stiles found the table top more interesting than her beautiful face.

A claw came out of Stiles' index finger and he carved a frowning face into the table.

Alaric walked in a few minutes later,"I guess the saying is true. Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it."

Landon spoke up,"Actually, the original quote is from George Santayana, who said, 'Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it.' Not that it really matters."

Stiles glared at the back of Landon's head.

Alaric chuckled,"It's good to have you back, Landon. But the monsters are back too."

"Yeah, I always miss the good ones. Like, first there was the mummy, and then, and then a minotaur, and now a leprechaun?" Landon said,"What did it want?"

"The ascendant," Stiles said, speaking up.

"I'm sorry, who are you?" Landon asked.

"Apparently, I'm the monster bouncer," Stiles said, as his frown carving deepened, his claw digging deeper into the wood.

"Huh?" Landon said, confused.

"He's a Hellhound," Hope said,"Just an extra precaution."

"'Just an extra precaution'," Stiles repeated,"That's not hurtful at all," He said sarcastically.

"I thought you were fine with that?" Hope asked, turning around to look more fully at him.

"I only said I was fine with it because you guys needed the extra protection," Stiles said.

Hope opened her mouth to retort then closed it.

Everyone looked between the two confused.

"I'm sorry, is there something else going on here?" Alaric asked.

"No, nothing," Hope said.

Stiles scoffed and his claws dug deeper into the table and he suddenly found his hand full of splinters that started to smoke.

Alaric noticed the bruises on Stiles hand,"What happened?"

Stiles looked down at his hand, making a fist,"Physical pain keeps me human, and distracts me from... more emotional stuff."

Hope's eyes widened at that,"Why hasn't it healed?" She found herself asking before she could stop.

Stiles looked straight at her,"Because I don't want it to."

Hope swallowed and turned back toward the front.

"Let's focus here," Alaric said,"With the Ascendant destroyed, the monsters may be after Landon now. After the leprechaun came the Ferryman, which Cleo summoned to bring you back home."

"Which is why I nominate Cleo for the super squad," Kaleb said, speaking up.

"More like you nominate yourself into her pants," Lizzie commented.

"All in favor?" Kaleb said, ignoring Lizzie's comment.

Stiles raised his hand, the same as mostly everyone else.