Saving The Banshee

Stiles threw down his bag on his bed in Deaton's room above the clinic, since Stiles' house was sold, this was the only option that Deaton offered.

Sitting on the bed he pulled out his phone, no texts or calls from anyone in Mystic Falls, he was both heart broken and disappointed that Hope hadn't contacted him.

"You okay?" Deaton asked, crossing his arms.

"I'm fine," Stiles said.

Deaton knew about the heartbreak Stiles suffered, and being mates with Hope, but anything else Stiles refused to share.

Stiles stood up from the bed, taking a deep breath,"What's the plan for Lydia?" Stiles asked, as they walked down the stairs.

"The pack already has a plan to get her out, but they don't know how to get past the mountain ash. That's where you come in," Deaton said, taking out a folder,"What I'm about to show you doesn't exist," He said, taking out several gruesome photographs, each one of a supernatural with a hole drilled into their head,"This is the only surviving evidence of Dr. Valack's time as Chief Medical Officer of Eichen House. To call it human experimentation would be charitable."

Stiles picked up a photograph of a woman clutching her ears and screaming, her jaw looking like it had unhinged so she could open her mouth wider.

"A banshee," Deaton said, confirming what Stiles thought,"She died screaming."

"So, he drilled holes into their heads?" Stiles asked, putting the photo down,"All of them?"

"That was the experimentation part. He did it to Werewolves, Banshees, Wendigos, any creature he could get his hands on. And Valack found that trepanation would initially heighten their powers, but to levels that couldn't be contained," Deaton informed him.

"He's going to do this to Lydia?" Stiles asked,"And she's going to end up like them?"

"Worse actually," Deaton said,"Lydia's abilities were already pretty exceptional to begin with. Putting a hole in her head will be like causing a leak in a nuclear reactor. She'll hear everything. Every death, every dying scream, all at once."

"That could kill her," Stiles said.

"Not only that... Her own dying scream could be so powerful that it might kill everyone around her as well," Deaton informed him gravely.

Time Skip

Stiles opened the door to the counselor's office at the high school.

"Hey, Ms. Martin," Stiles said, a smile growing on his face,"How you doing?"

Natalie Martin looked up at him in shock,"Stiles? I thought you transferred."

"I did," Stiles said, sitting down in a chair in front of the desk."I'm here about your daughter."

"You should just stay away from Lydia," Natalie said, looking back down at her paper.

"Well, you see, Nat--Is it okay if I call you Nat?" Stiles asked.

"No."

"As I was saying Nat," Stiles continued,"You know what the closed unit of Eichen House is for, right? You know what's down there. But why did Lydia move down there?"

"It's where she can get the best care," Nat said.

Stiles laughed out loud,"Okay, so here's how this is going to go. We can get her out of there legally, which means you check her out. Or my personal preference, illegally, and that would mean I go in there myself and tear down the place brick by brick if I have to to get her out."