The Beast

Stiles took in a deep breath, hearing the air inhale and exhale from his lungs. The Beast was going to be here tonight, people were going to die, that night. He knew that he couldn't save all of them, but he would try.

The Beast killed his father, and he would do anything to have his vengeance for it. Even if it means killing the teenager on the inside.

"Stilinski?" Brett said, standing at the entrance to the guest locker room.

"You got it?" Stiles asked, keeping his eyes closed.

"Yeah, I got it," Brett said, tossing a bundle of fabric to Stiles and he caught it without looking.

"Thanks," Stiles mumbled.

"My sister's got the bleachers covered," Brett said,"McCall pack is going to try and take out the vans antennas."

"It's not going to work," Stiles informed him.

"Are you saying that as a Harbinger of Death?" Brett asked.

Stiles nodded his head,"People are going to die tonight. All we can do is try to keep as many as possible alive."

Stiles finally opened his eyes and looked down at the green Devenford Prep jersey. He was surprised to see it was twenty four, the same number as his old jersey.

He looked down at his feet where the rest of the lacrosse gear was.

"Can I have a few minutes alone?" Stiles asked Brett.

"Sure, just try to be on the field in a few minutes," Brett said before leaving, grabbing his lacrosse stick.

Stiles pulled on the jersey and looked in the mirror. A lot of people say that when someone is about to die their life flashes before their eyes. It wasn't like that for Stiles, in a way it was. Except it was only Hope.

Every smile he had ever seen flashed through his mind, every kiss, every moment he had ever had with her.

"The sun, the moon... the truth," Stiles whispered, he should have told Hope the truth the second he found out what they were to each other.

He just wanted to see her one more time before his potential death tonight.

Taking one last deep breath, he pulled on his helmet, gloves, and grabbed his stick before running out of the locker room.

Because of the uniform he was wearing, nobody important recognized him. Stiles' eyes went to Coach Finstock, and he saw that he was already staring at him, and they nodded to each other.

Stiles was on the field first, he waited in his position, and when Kira got the ball she started playing a bit more aggressive than usual.

In fact she was going out of the way of the goal to knock people down, then throw the ball in the goal.

When Kira started running towards him, he only stepped and she zoomed past him.

Stiles looked at the crowd, seeing her play with unnatural strength and speed, they murmured to each other in confusion. And he knew what he had to do.

Stiles went down in his running stance, and his eyes glowed a fiery orange as he growled in Kira's direction. Scott heard it and looked in Stiles' direction, his breath fogging in the chill night air.

The leather of Stiles' lacrosse stick groaned as he gripped it more tightly.

When the whistle blew Stiles took off running with a snarl, going straight for Kira.

Kira saw him running toward her, and she took off running, thinking that her own strength could overwhelm the assumed human.

The impact echoed across the whole field, and Kira was sent flying across the field, landing on the ground with a thud and tumbling across the grass. She stood, ripping her helmet off and approached Stiles like she was going to fight him, but Scott held her back.