part thirteen

the next morning was boring and dreary, as the clouds were still out and everyone had just woken up. this was everyone else's opinion, but you felt pretty great. you had woken up in a comfortable bed, in a comfortable position, with arms wrapped around you and a warm body pressed against your back. you didn't quite know who it was at first but when you realized, you felt even more comfortable.

eventually you had to leave the bed, to your displeasure. schlatt let out a loud groan of disapproval when you got up, but you ignored him and went for breakfast. as you were eating, you noticed schlatt staring at his phone, blank faced. or maybe, stressed? you weren't quite sure, but your brushed it off.

everyone had a short breakfast, with lots of chatter but you were enjoying the moment. you were happy to be getting away from everything.

after breakfast everyone packed up their stuff, piling into the vans. you tried to sit beside schlatt but you were pushed to the very back by cooper. he smiled at you, handing you a bag of chips and sitting beside you. you glanced at schlatt, who was looking at his phone still, leaving you to sit beside cooper disappointedly.

all throughout the ride, the car seemed off. or more, schlatt seemed off. and that made you quite worried. he kept staring at his phone, typing sometimes but not often. he had been looking at it, since almost the exact moment he got up that morning. you sighed and put your headphones in, deciding not to make a big deal about it. at least not for now.

after a very long and disruptive car ride, which seemed longer going back then it was going there. but you had finally arrived back at the house you were all originally staying at. you smiled, ready to sleep in a real bed again. you looked at schlatt again expecting to see his usual goofy grin but instead seen a blank faced man, hands balled up in his hoodie pocket. what the hell was up with him?

everyone climbed out of the van, grabbing their stuff as they went. but you waited. patiently. and not just because you couldn't get out. but because you were concerned for your friend. or more then friend? friend.

as soon as he was out, you went after him, bag barely even in your hands. "schlatt!" he turned his head, to briefly look at you, before turning back around and walking inside the house. seriously what was going on with him?

"schlatt!" you quickly followed after him, not letting him walk away from you. he sighed and looked back at you, eyes full of sorrow and..anger? but it looked so forced , you weren't even honestly sure what you were seeing.

"y/n. can you just stay the hell away from me? jesus. your so fucking clingy it's crazy. we're not even dating, can you leave me the fuck alone?" he yelled with such certainty that it hurt you more then you ever thought something he said could hurt you. schlatts outburst left you straight faced, debating whether to slap him or walk away. after some awkward silence, you decided on the first option. you palm hit his cheek with a loud smack.

his hand moved to his face, blank faced but eyes still so full of sorrow. "what the fuck. what's wrong with you? your the one that started this whole thing in the first place, if you wanted it to end so bad. you could've just said something."

"i did say something y/n."

"no. you screamed in my face because you didn't have the guts to say it like a normal person. yknow what? find some other place to stay when we get back to america. i don't want you in my fucking apartment." you pushed past him, not even sure why you said it. you did want him there. you wanted him there so bad. you didn't even know what you did to make him so angry.

"y/n wait!" he grabbed your shoulder, but you roughly pulled it away.

"no. stay the fuck away from me schlatt." his arm dropped back down to his side slowly, looking down at you. his breath was unsteady like he was angry, or upset, or something. you didn't even know. but at that moment. you couldn't care.

you quickly went to your room, sliding your back down the door. your hands flew to your face as tears started to roll down your cheeks. you didn't even realize you liked schlatt that much until..whatever you had was over.

time skip~

as you made your way out of the airport, cooper found his way up beside you. you had been walking in front of the group because while you loved them, you were so angry with schlatt. the whole time, he looked so unbothered, staring at his fucking phone with no emotion.

"what's up with you? lover quarrel?"

"fuck off cooper. no lover to quarrel with." his smile dropped as he seen your blank expression change to serious and upset.

"seriously what happened?" you glanced back at schlatt who, to your surprise, was already looking at you and cooper sadly. his eyes widened when he noticed your gaze on him and he went back to staring at his phone.

"i don't know cooper. why don't you ask schlatt? i'm still confused myself." you quickened your pace, and got in your own cab, not rly wanting to be with ANY of the boys at that moment. not even cooper.

a few minutes later you arrived at your apartment building and went inside. you knew schlatt would be there later to get his stuff, which you weren't looking forward to. you really wanted him to stay. but that wasn't an option.

you unlocked the door, letting out a sigh and taking off your shoes. you looked up from the ground, dropping your bag instantaneously.

"hey y/n!" your sister stood in your apartment, one of schlatt hoodies on her torso. she smiled in such a way, that her face practically had "i win" written all over it. what was she even doing here? how did she get into your apartment?!

"what are you doing here?"

"well i'm here to see schlatt ofc!"

"what is that supposed to mean?"

as if summoned by his name being mentioned, schlatt found his way into your apartment. he looked like he was ready to explode with emotions and speak to you again but that changed when he seen y/s/n.

"hey baby!" she ran over to him, practically jumping on him. her arms wrapped around him so aggressively he almost fell over, but his arms gently wrapped back around her. you stared at them, mouth slightly agape, eyes full of hurt. he knew what she was like. he knew what she did. and she was doing it again. and he was letting her. how did this even happen? when did it happen? and why wouldn't he have told you?

you glared at him, him just staring directly back. he looked just as hurt but something about it seemed like pity to you. and you hated it. suddenly, your sister pushed past you, pulling schlatt behind her. schlatt gently reached out, opening your hand and quickly putting a small piece of folded up paper into your hand. he looked at you, pleading with his eyes, before turning back to y/s/n to follow her to his room.

you waited for them to go down the hallway, before you opened the note. you stared down at it, eyes widened again. all that was wrote on it, was the word 'BLACKMAIL' in bold, black, letters.