Cookie Test [Chapter Seventeen]

A/N- Slight Warning: While this chapter is just a fun light-hearted chapter, I do wanna warn you it will be slightly less-detailed and a bit more rushed (this applies to the next few chapters as well…)! This is just so I can progress the story a bit more into an area where I will be able to put WAY more passion and want into finishing this! But yeah, this chapter and the next will be EXTREMELY short.) 

There is an ending and the whole plot line planned! I just have to get the set-up done and we will be on our way to… well you’ll see…

[Techno’s POV]

“This is your final test…”

“Your reaction to what we are about to show you may decide if you live or if you die!”

“Are you ready, soldier?”

Techno and his decided brother, Wilbur, were looming over a smaller boy by the name of Tommy. The younger child was sitting behind a dining table, which Techno could barely see the surface of without stepping onto a chair. Out of the corner of his eye, he watched as Wilbur shifted beside him, his brother’s hands clasped behind his back onto some mysterious object they were about to show Tommy. Of course, Techno knew that Wilbur was holding a plate full of cookies, to see if Tommy was truly deserving of living among them. 

“If you react badly, we will feed you to the rats!” WIlbur was threatening, and Techno could see him roll onto his toes to seem taller. He suppressed a smile at this, knowing that they wouldn’t really feed Tommy to the weird rats, but they would simply hit him with pillows each night if he didn’t pass the final test. 

Wilbur had been the one to convince Techno that Tommy wasn’t all that bad, since Techno had been planning to kick him out the moment he arrived there. Wilbur had found this out quickly and had told Techno that they could actually use Tommy for something. When Techno wasn’t convinced, WIlbur went on to say that Tommy was like them, lost in the woods and found by Philza, and Philza had wanted to keep him anyways. So Techno caved in and agreed to spare Tommy from the harsh cold that was the outside snow. 

That didn’t spare Tommy from their tests, even if they were going to let him sleep underneath this roof. Tommy had already passed the pillow fort test and even sliding down the railing of the stairs test, but now came the cookie test. If he didn’t like the cookies that Wilbur was getting ready to present, then he would have failed. Afterall, only evil people didn’t like cookies, at least according to Wilbur. 

Techno gave a slight shake of his head as he suddenly realized that Wilbur was finished threatening Tommy and was raising the plate of cookies from behind his back. Techno watched carefully as the chocolate chip cookies were brought into view of Tommy, before his eyes darted back over to the younger child to see how he would react. The pink ears in his pink hair twitched slightly, as if straining to hear any excited gasps or disgusted noises. Tommy didn’t speak like Techno and Wilbur did, as he only said a few words at a time… and when he did say those words, it was loud. This is why Techno began to rely on any small noises or changed in expressions to figure out what Tommy was thinking. 

Techno could hear a sigh of relief from WIlbur the moment Tommy lurched forward and snatched a cookie the moment the plate was put down. It seemed that was a sign of Tommy passing. Techno would have argued saying that him taking a cookie was no indication of his favor, but Wilbur was already leaning across the table and taking the other cookies to eat and likely wouldn’t listen. Of course it didn’t really matter anyways, as long as Tommy was willing to eat the cookies. 

Techno relaxed his shoulders and stood up onto his toes in order to reach over and grab some cookies as well. They were growing stale and Techno could detect this due to how tough it was getting. They would have to ask Philza to make more once he got home from whatever mysterious job he was at.