The Call [Chapter Ten]

{Wilbur's POV}

A swarming warmth is all Wilbur feels once his dream starts to fade and his mind is brought back to the world of the living. His eyes are still shut as his hands stretch out infront of him, almost feeling numb. Slowly, the clouds lift enough for Wilbur to open his eyes, squinting from the bright light being casted though the window. A golden light was shining on the room, bouncing off of any reflected surfaces. He yawned sleepily, feeling as if he had slept for years.

He rolls himself over, holding onto the blanket tightly. He looks over to the door, seeing that it was opened slightly and seeing Techno peering outside into the hall from behind it. Wilbur tried to shift closer to see what he is looking at, but instead he just ended up floping his head back into the pillows, closing his eyes. He tries to tell himself to get up, but a thick fog starts to cover his mind once more and he feels himself slipping back into sleep.

A few moments beat by before Wilbur quickly jolts himself back awake, knowing he had to figure out what was going on instead of sleeping through it. He groaned slightly and forced himself to sit up. His head felt heavy and his arms felt weak from just waking. A yawn escapes him as well, an ache from his dry throat causing Wilbur to frown.

He looked back over to Techno, his eyes landing on his soft pink hair and his little ears. He hadn't really paid too much attention to the fact he just had pig ears on the top of his head, and how almost in-human he seemed. Wilbur lifted up his hands to own hair, which was just a mess of brown. He didn't have any cool ears like that besides the normal human ears, which made him sigh.

But before he could continue on with that train of thought, he saw Techno tense up and his knuckles holding the door turned white. Wilbur gulped, feeling slightly intimidated by how angry he seemed at the moment, however he remembered last night when Tehcno had helped him through the storm. He wouldn't hurt Wilbur, not after that, at least.

After a strong blast of thunder had awaken and terrified Wilbur, his first thought was to run to the room across from his, which happened to be Techno's. He didn't think as he threw himself into the other's room and he fell asleep there, fully comforted and fully beliving that Techno would save him from the storm outside.

"Techno?" He called, a scratchy tone in his voice from just waking up and from his voice having not been used for hours, "Whats going on?"

"Shhhh!" Techno harshly shushed quickly, turning his bright and yet angry eyes over to Wilbur quickly. He jerked his head towards outside, beckoning him closer.

Wilbur quickly stretched his legs before he tilted himself forward. He began to crawl to the end of the bed, quickly jumping off. His head spun for a few minutes as he gained his balance, the rest of his body starting to wake from it's slumber. He looked back over to Techno, quickly walking over to join him at the door to see what was happening.

Wilbur could smell bacon rising up in the air, along with the sound of talking outside. He felt the cold air from the hallway grip at his skin, causing a small shiver to run down him. The taste of his own hungry drool filled his mouth and he almost stepped outside to go find the breakfast he could smell. However, before he could make another move, Techno gave him a warning glance and he lifted his finger to his lips, giving an indication to Wilbur to be silent.

Wilbur nodded and turned his attention to the talking he could hear. He smiled slightly as he could hear Philza! He knew Philza, he was nice and good and he took care of them like a dad! He could only wonder what he was talking about.

"Yeah... Yeah I didn't call earlier because er... I didn't know who to call," Philza was saying, a slight shake in his voice. He seemed to get louder and quieter in some bits of his words, as if he was pacing around the house away from the rooms.

Wilbur quickly glanced at Techno again, ready to ask who Philza was talking to, but his own name caught him off guard. He turned back towards outside, raising his eyebrows as he easedropped.

"Wilbur? Yeah I don't know who his parents are-- oh he has a missing file too?" Philza was saying, his voice growing louder as he seemed to round the corner into the entrance of the hallway. A tug on Wilbur's arm caused him to stumble back into Techno, who had been the one to pull him back in the first place. The other boy was silent, a deathly defensive and angry look dancing within his gaze.

"Oh, yeah yeah yeah. Techno is here too... No I found him in the woods. Yeah," Philza continued, his voice growing softer once more as his footsteps seemed to be farther away. Techno quickly stepped forward once more to peer out into the hall, listening intensely. Wilbur was starting to grow anxious at Techno's quick movements and the way he seemed so angry whenever Philza spoke. He didn't understand what was happening at all.

"Yeah, a little... What do you mean damage?" Philza's voice came from far off now and Wilbur had to lean out the door as well to be able to hear him. Knots were tightening in his stomach and he just wanted to know what was happening. Why was Techno so angry and why did Philza sound so... scared?

"Tomrrow?" Philza suddenly shouted, his voice closer than before. Wilbur quickly stepped back into the room, his heart beating in his throat now. He shuffled his feet and he looked to Techno for guidence... but the pig-boy seemed to be too focused on what Philza was saying to pay attention to him.

"Yeah... I can keep them for another day- A-Are you sure, though?" There was a pause, "Alright. Okay, yeah. I will have them ready for pick-up then..." Philza seemed to finish talking as his voice grew faint and as Wilbur didn't hear anymore talking. He quickly gulped and stepped towards Techno again, pulling lightly on his sleeve.

"Techno..? What is... What was Philza talking about..?" Wilbur quietly asked. Techno turned to Wilbur, betrayal in his eyes as clear as the stars during midnight. He seemed to shake a little bit before marching right past Wilbur.

"He is handing us over to the damn government!" Techno snapped, his heavy steps guiding him towards the window. Wilbur quickly flinched back, his eyes growing wide at Techno's curse.

"Wha- wait!" Wilbur shouted, following after Techno quickly. His heart began to race and he felt fear rise up in his chest. "Where are you going!?"

"Away from here and this... Trator! He is just like everyone else!" Techno hissed, his hands going up towards the window as he unlatched the lock. The sound of dripping water could be heard now as the window was pushed open and as Techno began to try and climb out. The taunting smell of pine quickly drifted into the room as well, a sharp cold breeze casting unwelcoming glares onto Wilbur's skin and through his clothes.

Wilbur rushed forward with a shout of protest, and he grabbed Techno's arm and sleeve. He stared up at Techno with wide eyes, pleading for him not to leave him.

"Wait-! Don't leave me alone!" He begged, feeling his legs start to shake now. He didn't want to be left alone or to be seperated from Techno. He was so confused as to what everything meant and he was fearing whatever would happen next.

There was a moment of silence as Techno and Wilbur stared at eachother, one trying to leave and the other trying to stay. They both didn't give in for a few moments until Wilbur sniffled and Techno sighed.

"Fine..." The older boy surrendered, getting down from the window. He didn't say anything as he closed the window and he locked it once more. He set a hand on the cold glass, seeming to calm down. Slowly, he turned back to Wilbur.

"I won't leave," He promised, opening his arms and wrapping them around WIlbur quickly. Wilbur hugged him back and let out a breath of releif,  happy that Techno would stay there with him. Happy that he wouldn't have to be alone.

As Techno pulled away to go make his bed and get ready for the day, Wilbur turned around and he took a step towards the door, ready to go back to his own room. But he paused, thinking things over as Philza's words and Techno's anger finally clicked with him.

Philza had called people and they were now going to take Techno and Wilbur away... They wouldn't have a choice if they would be able to stay together or get seperated. Could this be the end of their bonds? Of their family?