The Bunker [Chapter Twelve]

{Techno's POV}

The sun gathered above the thick green sea of trees, the glistening raindrops on the leaves drying up as the bright rays surrounded them. The recent storm had caused the limbs from trees to snap and break away, and more than half of the leaves were stolen away from each branch and twig, filling the ground with greens and browns. However, it seemed the forest of life was already repairing itself as a golden sun smiled upon the kingdom.

As the light bounced down onto the house which was tucked away inside of the trees, a small bird flew out from underneath the overhang of the roof. Its feathers, a brilliant blue, shined in the sunlight before vanishing into the tree line. However, as the bird seemed to fly off into the unknown of the tangle of branches, the sun rays continued down onto the cold glass of the structure. While most of the bright sun bounced off of the surface to shine somewhere else, a small ray of light managed to slip right into the house. It traveled in a straight line until it hit the face of a boy. His pink hair almost look white in the brightest of sunbeams, and a slight snarl of discomfort crossed his face as the sun shined into his rosy eyes.

Techno let out a slight growl of pain as his eyes were suddenly hit by the sunlight shining through the window at him. He moved his hand up to block it and to attempt to un-blind himself. A frown ran over his face and he gave a solid stare at the window. His eyes searched the white frame, scanning for any window blinds so he could block out the sun. However, as he spotted the hazel blinds, he realized it wad the kind with two or three different stings to pull on.

The day I know how to actually shut those will be the day fireworks are used in an execution, Techno thought, his ears twitching slightly in discomfort, yet slight amusement. While it seems impossible, I can't wait for the day both of those become true.

He felt his mind drift off towards how someone could actually use fireworks as a weapon. He wondered how much damage it could actually do, to be shot by fireworks. His amusement melted into a frown of thought as he pondered on this idea.

"Why did he make a boat?" came the sudden voice beside Techno. He twitched his ears back as he listened to Wilbur's question, his attention from the blinds and his own scheming getting pulled away. He turned back and remembered that he was in the living room, sitting on the soft couch. Beside him sat Wilbur, whose attention was firmly on the TV screen as it was playing the latest episode of Manhunt. Techno relaxed back into the couch as he allowed the sunlight to travel past his face. He looked over to the TV as well, trying to catch up on whatever he had missed.

"Maybe it could help him get away in the water?" Techno suggested, giving a quick glance to Wilbur, who seemed to be busy thinking. His longish hair was pushed off to one side and seemed to cover his face slightly, unlike Techno's hair which was bright and longer, pulled back in a small hair-tie which was almost completely hidden on the back of his head.

"Yeah... But dolphins are faster," he pointed out, leaning forward to the living room table, his hand seeming to glide to the plate of Oreos without much of a thought behind it.

Techno leaned forward as well, grabbing a few of his own Oreos to munch on. Of course as he leaned forward, the sun managed to hit his eyes once more and he let out a grunt as he felt a burning on his eyes. He ignored it still, refusing to get up to try and figure out how to fix the blinds.

He leaned back into the couch with two Oreos in his hand, and he looked back to the screen. But his mind drifted from the subject of the show and instead he began to feel a trickle of worry fill his stomach. He began to think about the day before, waking up to hearing Philza talk to some social worker about being taken away. Of course at the time Techno was ready to fight Philza to make sure he wasn't taken anywhere, and any trust he had put into him had vanished. However, Philza had quickly reassured that he wouldn't let anyone come near Techno and Wilbur, and instead they came up with a plan of what to do when it was time to run and hide.