...Shit [Chapter Eleven]

{Philza's POV}

His hands were clutching his phone as he heard the honed beep of the line being hung up on him. He felt a tremble travel up his arm to his clammy hand, which was still holding the warmed phone up to his ear. He didn't move for a good few moments, staring at the ground, with a line of wet sunlight from the windows travelling across it, his eyes drawing up an absent look. Meanwhile, his mind was racing with a feeling of tight panic in his head and his chest, and he felt as if his heart was about to burst from his chest to race off. He felt a dry feeling grow in his throat and he tasted a bitter aftertaste as if he just bit into some mud or sand from a litterbox. For a few moments, his skin turned cold and numb, struggling to even understand what just happened. Trying to figure out how deep of a hole he just dug for himself.

Suddenly, he heard a quick shout from a room down the hall. Philza snapped out of his frozen panic and he spun around on his heel to face down the hall. He opened his mouth to call and ask if everything was alright, but no words escaped his throat. He finally took a few steps forward, stumbling before racing down the hall. His feet seemed to land heavier on the floor boards than before and he felt as if the hallway had grown longer.

As he reached the two rooms that held Techno and Wilbur, Phila first turned to Techno's room to see the door opened already. He poked his head inside, only for his face to be met with a sudden pillow. Philza stumbled back with a gasp, letting the pillow fall from his face to the ground with a fwump!

"Get out!" shouted Techno, his voice seeming to be full of harsh emotion. Despite this, Philza just shook his head and refused to leave. He took a step back into the bedroom to take a gander at the scene. Inside was Wilbur and Techno, and they both stared at Philza with a heartbreaking look of betrayl.

They overheard me... Shit.

Philza took in a deep breath, his shoulder rising. He tried to wrack his brain for some pathway of how to go about this whole situation, but nothing came to mind. He had to make his own way through this without an idea as to where it would end up.

"I'm guessing you overheard then?" he slowly drew out the question, leaning away from them. He bit his tongue as he anticipated any outburts they would throw at him. He already got a pillow thrown at him, what else could come from this?

"Of course we did!" snapped Techno, who was standing infront of Wilbur protectivly. "You are betraying us! Just like everyone else!" In his left hand he held a foam sword, one that Philza had givento him on his second night. Since then, Techno seemed to have trusted him... of course until now.

Philza quickly looked away, taking a moment to close his eyes. He reached back far into his mind to draw forward a calm. He tried to remember that in order to move through a situation, he could have to stay steady. Slowly, he looked back to Techno and Wilbur, meeting their gazes. Techno glared daggers at Philza while Wilbur seemed to just look confused and scared. He frowned and felt an anger for himself begin to grow. But he kept their gazes steady in his own.

"No... They... I was talking to the social workers and-" Philza tried to explain before being cut off quickly by a louder voice.

"-And you were just about to throw us away like roaches!" Techno jumped in, Wilbur giving a quick and supporting nod for him. Philza almost smiled at how they teamed up against them, as if they were brothers. He could only wonder what that meant for Philza when it came to arguments. He also wondered how they saw him. As their kidnapper? A trusted perosn who saved them?

"Techno," Philza quickly replied, saying his name quickly and firmly, "I... I am not going to let them take you. Either of you. I told you I would never let them do that."

"Then why did you tell them about us?" Wilbur spoke up finally, stepping away from Techno, "You said we would be safe... and..." he just shook his head.

Philza sighed deeply, trying to go through his own memories to figure out how he managed to let it slip that Techno and Wilbur were with him. Perhaps it was because they called first asking about the missing children? Or maybe it was some sort of hidden guilt? He couldn't be sure.

"They called me first, asking about Techno. They wanted to come search the woods and my house for him... and so I told them about you both," Philza paused, feeling the judgement set in. He know he ruined their trust, but he also knew he couldn't let them get taken away by families that were obviously worse than his care.

"But they wont take you. I wont let them."

He sat up straighter and he felt his heart begin to race as a plan hatched in his head. A plan that would let him keep the children- keep his family together. He took in a deep breath and gave a nod.

Techno and Wilbur seemed confused by the sudden light dancing in his eyes. While their trust wasn't fully placed in Philza, their hope seemed to latch onto his promise to not let them get taken away.

A/N: VERY short chapter today,, sorry about that! Uh.. I am also sorry if my writing isn't the best. I have plans for the future of this fic, but I have to stick a few filler chapters in before I am able to get to the good bits

Anywayss... I am probably gonna update a lot tonight with the chapters I am struggling to write just to get then out of the way hahahahahah...