Little Flame [Chapter Two]

{Techno's POV}

While the house in the forest was awoken by its strange and yet surprising start, a small apartment a few miles away in town was awoken by a more... grim awakening.

In this apartment it was surrounded on all ways by even more apartments, each little room seeming gray and repetitive. While most apartments were rented out by a quiet couple or some loud I-Just-Got-Regected-From-My-Dream-Job adult, one particular section of this apartment complext was being rented out by quite a big family... far too large for a small, cheep, stained apartment.

These apartment complexed were caged in by a sharp fence, which rattled when rats ran through the holes. They were cold and felt like the fences you would find at a prision. The inside of the fence was all hard concrete as well, with no sign of grass and the most diverse wild-life being the pigeon that had green head from sticking its beak into some chemicals. And then, of course, there was the apartment complext which was about four stories tall and twenty rooms wide. Anybody with any sense for their mental health wouldn't dare to rent out one of these depressing rooms.

Sadly, for one little child, he was given no choice but to move into an apartment room with his new.. "family." And to make matters worse, he was awoken by their shouts.

"TECHNO! I swear to fucking god if you don't get your ass up I WILL KICK YOU OUT THE WINDOW!" Came a shout from a very cracky lady, wearing a black jacket, black tights, and a black hat- looking as if she was about to go to her sister's funeral which she was probably responsible for.

Techno- a small boy with short and fluffy pink hair and pink ears that drooped like a lamb or pig- quickly picked himself up from off the ground where he slept to face the shouting women. He was breathing quickly and he felt his head instantly grow light headed from standing up faster than his body could take it. His vision grew fuzzy and he couldn't breath, not knowing if he was swaying, stumbling, or standing still.

A few moments pass and Techno was able to regain his mind and he blinked his eyes to see once more. He felt the blood from his head rush down the back of his neck, sending a chill through his body. He gulped and looked up at the lady again, refusing to speak. However, it seemed while he was dealing with his mind unable to process him standing up that fast, Angry Lady had been speaking to him and he was only able to catch the trail end of her words.

"--And so you will be locked in here alone. You better do the chores I just told you about or you will have to find your own food to eat, got it?" she snarled down at him. Techno just stared up at her silently in response, almost challenging her. He had no idea what chores she was whining about or why she was taking her and her five other kids out of the apartment.

I hope you don't come back like your boyfriend didn't come back after his smoke. He thought bitterly. The only person he liked was the lady's boyfriend as it seemed he didn't like this family as much as Techno didn't like them. Plus, he would treat Techno like an actual person instead of some burdan being used to collect money from the government each month. But a few weeks ago, he dropped off each of the lady's kids at the apartment and never returned.

Techno, of course, felt abandoned and betrayed, but the feeling was starting to grow dull on him as he was used to that sort of feeling. After his parents were-- he shuddered-- taken out of the equation, Techno was then handed to the government as he had no other known family. The government then put out some lazy ad in a paper that nobody even reads anymore saying they "give $200 a month for anyone who takes care of him!" The first family happily took Techno in, and gave him a room and everything. However, the following nights Techno didn't fail to wake up screaming or crying, begging his new "parents" to save him. Of course they grew annoyed by this and threw him right back into the government's hands. The next family didn't want to deal with it either, nor did the next or the next. Soon, one family managed to make Techno stop crying about his parents and the families who abandoned him, and so he learned to be quiet. His silence frightaned them, however, so he was abandoned by them as well. A few rounds later, and Techno ends up with a random lady in a three room apartment with her two other kids- with his only purpose being to clean up and be used to collect money.

For the first time ever, he was given to a family who took "care" of him for longer than three months. But Techno was tired of it. He hated being used as a government money-bag and a slave and he was tired of being given to families over and over again like he was a sick dog. He was-

Before he could finish that line of thought, there was a sudden blow to the side of his head which caused him to stumble and fall to the side. He let out a hiss of pain through his teeth as he lifted his hand to the side of his head.

"Are you listening, boy!?" the lady shouted down at him, her hand lifted up as if she were about to strike again. Techno felt the overwhelming need to cry rise up in his chest, clasping at his throat. He swallowed down the want and need to cry out and instead he slowly picked himself up. Rage shown in his eyes as he backed away from the lady and he gave a nod. His own thinking and inner monolog had distracted him from whatever words she was spewing out again.

The lady gave a huff and turned around, her stench weaving past Techno as she did so. He wrinckled his nose and watched as she bumbled to the door, where her five bastard children were waiting for her. They made faces at Techno and one of the older ones flipped him off. Techno just narrowed his eyes in disgust and wished death upon them all. He folded his arms and waited until all six of them filed out though the door and their heavy foot steps grew quieter as they left towards the parkinglot.

Finally! He thought with a sudden burst of energy. He dashed around the corner and into the one bedroom- which he was not allowed to be in as it was shared by the lady and her demon spawn. He peered out the window before trying to open it. He grabbed the edge with his hands and he pulled up on it, huffing and struggling to get it to open.

"Mmmrrrrg- FINE!" he shouted to the empty house, giving up with an angry huff as he backed away. He looked back towards the door quickly, weighing his options.

Maybe I should try just going through the door..? he wondered, turning to go give it a try. However, as he took his first step towards the door, he huffed, remembering that the neighbors would be keeping an eye out to make sure he didn't leave. Last time Techno tried to escape through the door, the neighbors had quickly caught him and forced him back into the reched apartment.

Techno turned back to the window and he took a deep breath. He quickly survayed the messy room, full of sleeping bags and bunk beds and a single TV on a desk. He also saw what looked like a brick with the names of each of the five children on it, and he got one of the best ideas ever. He quickly made his way over to the desk and he looked at the brick... Before he grabbed the TV and he ripped it away from its plug and he carried it back towards the window.

Now that he had a way of breaking the window, it was now all a test of strength. He placed his back foot behind him to steady himself as he slowly brought the TV over his head. He grunted and his arms shook from the weight and he knew he would collapse in a few seconds. Techno let out a shout before tossing the TV straight out the window, breaking the window- shattering glass and TV guts all over the pavement below.

The small boy let out a cheer for himself as he rushed to the window. He placed his hands where the window used to before feeling a sharp pain on his palm. He quickly retracted his hand to see a thin red line, growing thicker, on his hand.

Blood.... Blood for the blood god. Techno thought, trying not to let the pain get to his head by justifying it with a "blood god." He slowly returned to the open window, peering out, keeping his hands away from the window frame. He had found his escape out of this apartment but the only question now was... How was he to climb down?