the drugs

september
production

You're not sure if the music was always this loud but it was pounding in your ears now. You think Mat is talking to you but you're not sure. You nod anyway, to shut him up if he was.

The room is filled with smoke and it smells. Beer and sweat. And weed you think. Someone is smoking something and it made you cough when you came in, but now it doesn't burn your lungs as much but leaves a sticky taste in your mouth.

Your head feels light as if you stood up too fast but you haven't moved, still sitting on the sofa between Mat and Daisy.

You could either sleep until morning or dance all night. No in-betweens.

You run your tongue along your lips and they're dry even though you're drinking. And your nose hurts.

It's running now, and you wipe at your nostrils. Streaks of red on the back of your hands as you do.

"Fuck."

They rush around you but you're in and out. You'd rather sleep.

"Call someone!" Daisy says grabbing your phone and passing it to Mat.

"Is this her phone?"

"Yeah."

"She's only got some guy called B in it."

"Then call him!" Daisy commands, looking at your nose and forcing your eyes open. "Give her the phone. Come on, let's go."

Mat called him for you, forcing it into your hand as you doze.

"Hello?" You hear his voice after they close the door and leave. "You okay?"

"Hello?" You smack the phone to your ear. "Ow. Hello?"

"Y/N?"

"Who's this?"

"It's Sebastian. You okay? Why you calling on this one?"

"Calling what?" Your words are slurred from alcohol and mouth dry from drugs. You swallow at saliva that's not there and your throat is thick and sticky.

"Y/N, what's wrong? Where are you?"

"Sebastian?"

"Yeah, it's Seb. What the fuck is going on?" His voice is firm in your ear.

"My nose was bleeding. And they left."

"What? Who left? You're bleeding? Where are you?" You don't answer. Your mind is too busy trying to process his questions.

You don't know if your vision is blurred now or if that's still the smoke.

"Are you in your room?" He asks and he sounds busy, rushing around.

"I think so. Is this my room? I don't know." You see your suitcase open next to the desk. "Oh yeah, my clothes are here."

"Stay on the line, Y/N. I'm coming over. Don't hang up, okay?"

"Oh okay then, bye then."

"No, do not hang up."

"Oh okay, sorry B." You say as he shouts.

"No, we're not doing that anymore, remember? I'm Seb. I'm coming to help you. Okay?"

You hear him talking to you through the phone but you can't process the words he's saying. You laugh at something, you don't remember what.

There's a knock at the door.

"Oh, hold on there's someone at the door."

"Yeah, it's me." He says. "Open up."

You let go of the phone and push yourself to stand, hands sinking into the sofa as you do. Blood rushes to your head and it pounds. Fast and hard and your eyes hurt as they try to focus. The smoke is a confusing haze, and it looks solid and unmovable.

When you take a step it feels like your foot folds in on itself and you fall.

It hurts but you laugh anyway, holding onto your ribs.

"Y/N?! You okay?"

"Sebastian? Come in."

"Fuck sakes. I can't."

You crawl towards the door, arm stretching up to the handle and you pull it down with your weight as you fall back to the floor. Rolling away as he gets inside. 

"Fuck, Y/N." He kneels beside you and you place a hand on his cheek.

"Hi, Seb."

"Come here." He pulls you up, throwing your arm across his shoulders as he holds your weight. You stumble back towards the sofa and he sees the mess on the table. "What did you do?"

You don't answer. He's gone now, cupboards banging and a tap running. He comes back with a glass of water and holds it to your lips. You drink it, the cold forcing your eyes open as you swallow.

"Okay?"

You nod.

He sees the flaking blood on your lips with a bright crimson trail making its way towards the dried smears. Sebastian is gone again, to the toilet now and comes back with a clump of tissue, holding it to your nose.

"Y/N. How did you get like this? What did they do to you?"

"Nothing." You dab your nose, white paper seeping red in an instant. "All you, baby."

"What?" He almost falls onto his ass from his kneel, eyebrows frowning and a shake of disbelief.

"You said, what did you say. You said something like... 'the best way to ace this is to get into character'. Yeah, you said 'once you break character that's when shit goes wrong.' That's what you said."

"I wasn't talking about this." He says with his arms spread, head turning to look around the room.

"Oh."

"I was talking about us."