the deal

may
pre-production

His room is a few floors higher than yours, but your views are the same. You'd both been at the pool in the morning, enjoying drinks in the sun and getting to know everyone a little more than you'd managed yesterday.

Sebastian was definitely one of the easiest to talk to. He'd fill in silences to make you feel comfortable and force a laugh even if he hadn't heard what you'd said. 

"I've got beer, do you drink beer?" He asks now from the cupboards, ducking behind the counter as he rummages through the fridge.

"Yes, I drink beer."

"Good, wasn't sure if you were just a cocktail kind of girl." He's walking over now, bottles in between fingers as he flips the caps off into his other hand. "Here."

"Thanks."

"So, practising! Any scene in particular you wanted to have a go at?"

You're blushing, cheeks feeling warm as you think of all the ones you can't practice. The ones where you're naked and on each other. The ones against the wall. And on the bed.

"Well, quite a lot of them are tough." You say, and they are. Gritty.

"Any stand out in particular?"

Yeah, the ones where I have my tits out.

"Uh, probably the arguments."

"Not what I thought you were going to say." Sebastian laughs, grabbing his script off the desk. "It's a good place to start."

You're about three beers in when you think you've cracked the fight.

"I hope no one comes knocking on your door." You say, realising your voices are loud and it sounds so real.

"As long as you vouch for me." He says heading towards the fridge. "You'll vouch for me, right? I wasn't actually hitting you."

"You caught my nose on the first go, so I'm not sure."

"That was nothing." He comes back with more bottles now, handing you yours and you put it straight to your lips. "Trust me." He looks at you, unrelenting. His tongue touches the rim of his bottle as if leading it towards his mouth.

You hear yourself swallow under his stare, palms damp as you read too much into his eyes.

"Any other scenes then?" His voice is different now. Softer.

"Well, obviously the, uh, the ones where we're naked. But, can't really practice that."

"Can't we?" He asks and you laugh thinking he's joking but he's still looking at you.

"Do you usually do that?" You ask as you swallow at nerves. Feeling suddenly vertiginous, light-headed. The air was different around you, tight and almost hard to breathe as your eyes lock, unmoving.

"No." He says, and it's stern. As a matter of fact. "We don't have to."

And you're disappointed suddenly as his eyes aren't watching you anymore they're not studying your face. He walks towards the script that's on his bed.

He sits down, folded paper in one hand and beer bottle in the other.

"I'm not sure what else we can do." He's flicking through the pages, legs wide open and you can't help but glance, thinking he's busy reading. "You okay?" He asks and you can see his eyes staring at you again over the sheets of white. An abyss of blue just waiting to pull you into its void.