Obedient Pet.

You didn't sleep a wink last night, your eyes were fixed on the door with stress and fear in case a certain, highly unwanted man barged in. But to your luck, he didn't come near your chambers oddly. It was still early, the sun was rising yet it was still dark outside as torrential rain pelted against your window. Glancing at your clock, it was 6:45 am. Great, still hours to go until you can get up leave this prison of anxiety.

Each tik from the clock eased your nerves as it meant that it was closer to freedom. Maybe you should just close your eyes just for a small bit, no longer than 20 minutes... Fighitng the urge to doze off was impossible as your eyes stung intensely and your eyelids grew heavy, each blink became longer and before you knew it you drifted into a deep sleep. Fuck.

❁❁❁

"Miss?" a gentle voice whispered into your ear followed by a gentle nudge.

Abruptly jolting up in bed with fright you notice Clio taking a step back. "Oh Clio, I'm so sorry. I was in a different dimension" You said jokingly. But your heart was beating like a wild animal in your chest as you thought it was someone else...

Clio flashed a smile before cleaning up your chambers "I apologise for startling you, Miss, You've missed breakfast again I noticed. Is everything alright?" For a second Clio stared into your bloodshot eyes before drawing her attention back to folding towels.

Feeling insecure you needed to leave your chambers and the palace but the storm outside was worsening. "I'm fine Clio thanks for asking, just sleeping uneasy, as usual".

Rolling out of bed you wandered over to the window, the rain continued to pour outside as if you were in a waterfall and the sky was dark and depressing.

"I read in that greenhouse Miss, it's soothing. It is a nice way to escape the palace on a day like today" Clio gently stated as she was also looking out the window.

Across the garden, you noticed a greenhouse, it was covered with ivy and blended into the garden. Pondering, you decided to grab some lunch and your book and read in there for the time being. You desperately needed to be alone. You haven't a single second of your life to think about what happened the last few days other than hiding from Loki.

"I think I might just do that. Thank you. But is it alright? I wouldn't disturb the rest of the staff if I'm in there? wouldn't they need to grab vegetables from there?" You questioned.

Clio carried on sweeping the floor with a small smile "No you will be alright, don't worry. It's just a storage room at this point" Clio replied reassuringly.

"That great! Thank you!" You beamed.

Grabbing fresh clothing, you got changed in the bathroom and placed your dirty clothes into the wash basket. You thanked Clio once again before leaving your chambers.

Heading to the dining hall you carefully scanned each corner and hall diligently before pacing down it. Thankfully there were no signs of Loki, Thor, or Xavier. Opening the door to the dining hall had your knees wobbling with worry. Stepping in, light chatter and a few people were dining for brunch. You didn't spot any familiar faces to your luck. Walking over to the buffet, you grabbed a sandwich and a bottle of water and stuffed them in your bag, squishing them into your book. Dashing back out the dining hall and closed the door and paced to the palace back entrance as quick as you could. Bumping into anyone would piss you off.

Reaching the palace's back entrance your body glowed with happiness as you completed your task efficiently! Fuck yes! You stood at the entrance staring at the heavy rain smash onto the floor. You realised you forgot a god damn umbrella. You could trek back to your chambers and grab one or sprint like a mad woman across the garden. Thinking, you opt for option 2, it's alright, it's just a bit of water... Your body tensed and shook as you cringed physically thinking back to yesterday, god why did you say that.