Perplexity

It was the afternoon and you are slumped back in the armchair in your chambers, hiding. Thor had left late last night with Odin to do some work, or 'Hero work' as he calls it. He wasn't back very long, about 5 days and that was also the last time you saw Loki. Thankfully. Deep down you wanted to avoid him ever since that indecent in Thor's chambers. You assumed he is still assigned to 'protect' you while Thor is away, for gods know how long.

A loud sigh escaped you as you sunk deeper down the chair. What if he is outside your chambers waiting for you right now? The thought of it sent shivers down your spine and your anxiety spiked at the thought of actually facing him. The other few events between ye were fine. Got over the awkwardness pretty fast. But, what happened in Thor's chambers... that whole day, felt different. You couldn't put your finger on why.

Another thing you couldn't put your finger on was why Thor is holding back, any time an intimate moment arises between ye, he shies away... The very opposite to this brother. Loki enjoys fucking you and then, doing what he does best; disappearing.

Your body grew hot and you felt the need to scream out, let all your emotions loose as these brothers are driving you insane! Instead of screaming into thin air, you ought it be better to scream at Loki as your blood started to boil. You weren't even sure what you were angry about, a mixture of everything. You landed on your feet and marched towards the door to face him. Your hands and arms trembled as you neared the door but the determination in your pace said something else.

Reaching out you gripped onto the handle and twisted it, your hands now started to shake as your heart is pounding in your chest. You whipped the door open quickly, to seize the tension building rapidly inside of your chest.

"Oh" you blurted and it echoes in the palace, a surprising shock engulfed you when you noted he wasn't at your door.

An embarrassed laugh leaves you and you close your door. You should have known better, Loki obviously didn't want his freedom to take away from him, again, as he 'babysits' you. You couldn't blame him for not showing up, in reverse, you wouldn't show up for him either.

"Come on, seriously? You really didn't expect me to stand there all day, did you?"

Screeching, you turned around abruptly to find Loki lying down on your bed.

"How did you- were you there this whole time?!" you babbled

Instead of sitting up, like a gentleman, he decides to place his hands on the back of his head and sink into your pillows with a smug smirk.

"Yes" he smiled "and, I quite enjoyed myself" his eyes falling back on you from across the room "Your thoughts are overwhelming, I couldn't keep up with them so I went for a nap instead."

Your eye started to twitch, the audacity of him sitting, actually no- of him sleeping in your bed, and the fact he commented on your thoughts made red mist swarm the room.

"You really are a snake, slithering around places and ruining peoples day"

Loki raised his head slightly and smiled "Thank you, that is probably the nicest thing you've said to me"

Rolling your eyes, you turned your back to him and left your chambers, making sure to slam the door behind you. Flouncing down the hall to get away from the snake, you decided to head to the gardens. Your last few days with Thor have really raised your bar on men. Thor is kind, gentle, considerate, and courteous unlike his-

"And how would you describe me, pet?" hissed a voice from around the corner.

"Gods!" you yelp as soon as you heard the voice. Investigating, you peeked around the corner in the hall and spotted Loki, arms folded across his chest taking up the whole corridor. But, how did he get here so fast you wondered?