𝐯𝐢. 𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐤 𝐢𝐬 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝

Back at the hospital Meredith walks into the break room where Owen, Maggie, Matilda, Alex and Callie are.

"Hey, Torres, I need help on a hip dislocation today. You want in?" Owen asks, putting his doctor jacket on.

"Ooh, maybe." Callie says, getting coffee.

"Uh, wait, you have to finish your story." Maggie says, walking toward Callie and Matilda who are at the coffee pot. "So, you actually had to break his knee?"

"No. So, I had to shove the rod back in there even harder, and it wound up cracking the tibial plateau."

"Can I help you?" Callie asks Alex.

"You're hogging the pot."

"Maybe ask nicely, like a civilized human being." Matilda says, "Callie?"

"Hm?"

"May I have the carafe, please?" Matilda asks nicely.

"Oh! Mm-hmm." Callie says handing the pot to Matilda.

"See?" Matilda says, being the smart-ass she is.

"It's quite easy, actually." Matilda pours coffee in Maggie's cup, before Alex's cup.

"Really?" Alex asks.

"Hey, Mer, I heard there was weather near Dulles. Dereks flight got delayed, didn't it? I hate that airport." Maggie says.

"Pierce, my gallbladder guys pacemaker keeps misfiring. You thing you can take a look at it?" Richard asks, entering the room.

"Yeah, uh, I could do it right now."

"Mm." Callie says, replying to something Matilda said.

"Derek is dead." Meredith says silently.

"Wait, no, you can't. No, um, I need you to place and IVC filter on my laminectomy patient." Callie reminds Maggie.

"Okay, right." Maggie looks back at Richard. "Um, I could swing by in about twenty."

"Okay."

"Derek is dead." Meredith repeats, a little louder.

"What was that?" Callie asks, looking at her phone.

Richard looks at her, "Derek..is dead."

Everyone looks at her and furrow their eyebrows. Matilda gives her a saddened look.

"Meredith.." Matilda says, seeing her tired look.

"Meredith..he's not dead." Maggie says.

"Meredith..what do you mean? Meredith?" Owen asks.

"Meredith? Meredith?" Callie try's to get her attention.

Meredith starts to pass-out and fall to the ground.

"Meredith!" Matilda says, putting her coffee on the table to she can help her. "Someone help me!" She says, while holding Merediths head up.

🌹

Matilda had stayed with Meredith in the exam room while Owen put an I.V. in. Gladly nothing was wrong with her, she was just dehydrated and needed food.

Bailey starts to rush into the room but Richard stops her, "Y-you can't go in there."

"What? Hewitts in there?"

"Not until you've stopped crying."

"Right." Bailey starts to cry more so she can get it all out. "Okay, okay. I know." She wipes her eyes, "Hey, how is she?"