𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲

GUESS WHO'S COMING TO DINNER 12x5

Meredith snaps out of it, putting on a fake smile, "Penny, it's a pleasure. Won't you come in?"

"Okay," Callie nods, not catching on.

Callie pulls Penny into the house, wanting her to meet all her friends.

Meredith shuts the door, taking a deep breath. "You can put your coats right in here," She points to the play room. "Can I get either of you something to drink? Wine, beer, margarita?"

"Oh, a margarita sounds good, but I'm on call, so.." Callie trails off, taking her coat off. "Club soda with lime."

"I'm fine," Penny shakes her head.

"What? No!" Callie pleads. "I'm the one on call, not you. Come on, have some fun tonight. I'm driving. White wine for you?"

"Yeah," Penny gives in, not wanting to fight.

"White wine for her," Callie smiles.

"Coming right up," Meredith smiles back.

After listening in on Callie and Penny's conversation, she makes her way to the kitchen—where most people are.

"We're gonna starve. I don't know what to—" Amelia starts, "Where's Maggie?"

"I'm here!" Maggie shouts. "I'm here, I'm here, I'm here, I'm here, I'm here." She enters the kitchen carrying bags of food.

"Where have you been?" Amelia asks.

"I just— I wasn't— I'm here, okay? Except, god, I have to pee," Maggie sighs.

Matilda joins the group in the kitchen, grabbing a wine glass.

"Mer, are you okay?" Matilda places her hand on Meredith's back, making Meredith feel things—but she pushes them back.

"I'm fine," Meredith smiles, shrugging.

"Listen, people are arriving, and this all still looks like ingredients. Do you have an E.T.A. on dinner?" Amelia steps into action.

"You could roll up your sleeves and start chopping something," Maggie tells the girl.

"Food prep has never been my strong suit," Amelia complains. "I keep the guests happy. I'm more your front-of-house gal."

"This dinners gonna be a disaster," Alex states.

"No it's not," Matilda replies, sipping on the red wine she just poured.

"Everybody, stop talking. Meredith, you take over," Maggie points. "I got to pee!"

"Were you gonna do something with those?" Stephanie asks, pointing to the wine glasses in Meredith's hands.

"Um.. yes. Uh, club soda with lime for Torres and white wine for her friend," Meredith swallows nervously, handing the other girl the glasses.

"Meredith," Matilda says, trying to help her.

Amelia gasps, "She's here? Is she nice?"

"Um, this bottles empty. Are there more? Bottles?" Arizona asks drunkly.

"I brought like two," Matilda frowns.

"Place looks nice, Mer, I like the hole where the wall was," Alex says.

"Thank you so much," Meredith smiles with fake enthusiasm. "Can I get you two a drink— margarita, wine, beer?"

"A margarita would be awesome," Jo nods.