𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐤

THE SOUND OF SILENCE 12x9

"This is killing me," Maggie complains, sticking her head out the window. "We have not moved in ten minutes," Maggie stuck her head back in the car. "I swear that bumblebee has passed this car twice already. It passed us, it circled the earth, and then came back around to pass us again."

"Yeah, because we left late because you overslept," Alex said.

Meredith laughed, fixing the mirror so she could see Matilda better. She hadn't said a word this whole drive—not that there was much driving happening. "Not fun when your driving and someone makes you late."

"If you want to stay up all night screwing around with some dude, I don't care until you spend all morning complaining about it in my car," Alex tapped his fingers on the steering wheel in annoyance.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Maggie lied.

"Mhm," Matilda pursed her lips.

"We share a wall," Alex reminded her.

"So move out!" Maggie narrowed her eyes. "Nobody told you you could crash in Amelia's room, anyway!"

"Okay, it's not Amelia's room anymore," Meredith pointed.

A bunch of trucks and ambulances pass the cars.

"What is that? Two firetrucks?" Maggie's eyebrows furrowed as the trucks passed.

"And three ambulances," Meredith looked out her window.

"That's got to be like a four— or five-car pileup," Maggie said.

"Fifty bucks says the big rigs involved," Matilda stuck her head in between Meredith and Alex, unbuckling.

"Hey. Hey!" Alex shouted after the three women. "That's not a good idea."

"Let's go, Karev," Matilda patted her hand on his window.

"Screw it," Alex sighed, hurrying after Matilda.

🌹

"We've been paging you for half an hour," Owen shouted over the sirens.

"We got a forty-five-year-old male with a head lac," Meredith told Ben, Matilda hopping out beside her.

"Positive loc on the scene," Matilda added. "You got this?"

Meredith nodded, as she watched Matilda hurry into the E.R. to help wherever she can.

"Also has abdominal contusion," Meredith finished.

"I'd like to say it's not as bad as it looks, but.." The victim spoke.

"Major pileup, multiple wounds," Maggie informed everyone. "A big rig flipped. Bigger mess."

"Do you think he has intra-abdominal injury?" Penny asked Meredith.

"Well, there's one way to find out," Meredith ushered Lou inside.

🌹

Ben does a ultrasound on the victims stomach—per Meredith's request.

"A bony deformity in the temporal region," Meredith examines. "Five centimeter head lac."

"Abdomens clear," Ben informs Meredith.

"Palpable pulses in all four extremities."

"We've got a mild pupillary asymmetry," Meredith flashes her light in the patients eyes. "We need to get a head C.T. Let's page neuro."