𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢. 𝐆𝐒𝐖 𝐤𝐢𝐝

TRIGGER HAPPY
12x20

After everything had went down, Arizona told her everything that happened.

How Jackson found out about April being pregnant, Penny winning the grant all the residents were competing for, Callie telling Arizona, and Arizona lashing out on her ex-wife for even considering taking their daughter across the country.

And Matilda told her all about Ryan. Every last thing. Him coming back, him running into the fetal surgeon months prior, how Jocelyn just took him in and how the two were attached at the hip. And to end the topic, the kiss.

The amazing and wonderful kiss.

It was nice to finally tell someone about her kiss with Ryan.

But then Arizona brought up the fact that there was Meredith. Amazing and wonderful Meredith. The woman Matilda's been in love with since she'd laid her eyes on her.

She really didn't want to tell Meredith, because it would get awkward talking about their love lives now that Meredith was aware of Matilda's feelings.

This all took place when Matilda had her best friend come over for the first time since, well, she can't even remember. And after Arizona got there, she'd realized the woman had never even been to her new house.

So she gave her a tour, awkwardly introduced Arizona and Ryan, and popped open a bottle of wine for her and Arizona to share.

They crashed very late, and the two surgeons were on about four hours of sleep.

🌹

Matilda arrived at the hospital alone, as Arizona had to leave earlier than her to meet Callie to talk about what they were gonna do.

To be honest, the blonde was surprised Bailey let her go back to work the day after the whole Gretchen McKay incident went down. Especially after how shaken up she was. But she was okay now.

And Meredith repeatedly made sure of it.

Not even twenty minutes after she made her rounds in the pediatrics wing, she'd been paged to the E.R. per Owens request.

It was a gun shot wound—which she hated, child or not—and they needed her help.

"I'm here, Kepner," Matilda raises her brows as she pulls the blue gloves on.

"I'm sorry," April shook her head at the mothers who Matilda could only assume were the boys' mothers. "I don't see any record here for either of those names."

"I got paged. Where's Hunt?" Matilda leaned forward, getting a little impatient. "GSW kid?"

"They said the ambulance was coming here," One of the mothers insisted.

The other mother turned to look at Matilda, "Wait, 'GSW kid?.' That— is that our kid?"

"Hewitt, let's move," Owen speed walked into the E.R., carrying a pastel yellow trauma gown for Matilda. "We have an incoming GSW. Victim's eight years old."

Matilda swallows, nodding.

"Oh, my god!" The one mother cried.

"Our sons are both eight years old. Which one is it?" The other mother stepped forward. "Which one of our sons has been shot?"

"Ma'am," Owen tried his best to be comforting. "We'll know more soon. But right now—"

"Right now, it would really help us, and you out, if you just had a seat. I promise, we'll get back to you when we know something," Matilda finished tying her trauma gown, and follows Owen out of the Emergency Room.