𝐱𝐯. 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

A YEAR EARLIER

Jocelyn hadn't seen her mother in a day..or two. And she was spending the night at Faith's house.

What she hadn't known was Ariana and Nora were going to be spending the night as well. Jocelyn was hoping for alone time with Faith. She was hoping to finally tell her how she felt. But it didn't work out.

"It's okay that their here, right?" Faith asked Jocelyn. She had seemed a little down all night.

"Yeah," Jocelyn fake smiled.

"No it's not. I can't ask them to leave—"

"No," Jocelyn cut her off. "I just got into a fight with my mom last night." Jocelyn said, trying her best to lie.

"Okay," Faith replied, still unsure.

That's what she loved most about Faith. She understood her. She could see right through her, which wasn't the best part. Because she would question her until she told her the truth. But it helped them bond. She also loved that if you asked her to drop it, she would. Whether it would be with your eyes, or if you verbally asked her, she would. Which is something she couldn't say for Ariana or Nora. They would pick you apart until you told them the truth, and they'd never drop it.

Jocelyn thanks her with her eyes.

"Jocelyn! How have you been?" Ariana asks as both her and Nora slide over to the pair.

"Fine," Jocelyn clears her throat.

"I feel like we all haven't done this since— what? Christmas?" Nora chuckles, getting the beer out of her backpack.

Jocelyn hums not surprised.

She loved Nora and Ariana. But she wanted nothing more than to tell them to take their beer, and to get the fuck out.

Nora passes one to Jocelyn and Faith.

Ariana grabs one out of Nora's bag.

Nora chugs her bottle fast, as if she hadn't tasted beer in forever.

"You know what we should do?" Nora asks, catching her breath, "Play spin the bottle."

"But there's only four of us," Faith shakes her head, regretting inviting them.

She didn't mean to invite them. They overheard her talking about it to Jocelyn and they asked where their invite was. And being the nice person she was, she invited them.

"So?" Ariana asked.

"How about it, Jo?" Nora asked, using the nickname only Faith was allowed to use.

"Um, sure," Jocelyn asked, clearly uncomfortable, but Ariana and Nora are too out of it to notice.

Ariana sits the beer bottle on the ground and spins it, landing on Nora.

Nora leans in first, attaching her lips onto Ariana's, greedily.

Jocelyn's eyes widen.

"Um, guys?" Jocelyn mutters.

They continue to make out, ignoring Jocelyn.