𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. 𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐬

YOU'RE GONNA NEED SOMEONE ON YOUR SIDE
12x21

If Arizona wouldn't have called her home phone last night, Matilda wouldn't have a clue about what was going on between the ex-wives.

She was aware of Penny, she didn't care for her too much, and the fact that she'd gotten the grant. As well as Callie's want to take Sofia with the two of them to New York.

What she was unaware of—before Arizona called her house phone, and reached Ryan rather than Matilda—was the fact that they were planning to go to trial for custody.

Personally, Matilda didn't think that way necessary.

But it wasn't her decision. It was between Arizona and Callie.

No questions asked, she was on her best friends side before Arizona even approached her. And she hoped Meredith was too.

Because who is going to side with a woman who wants to take her daughter across the country, and away from her other mother? Who is going to side with a woman who is going to act like she has full custody just because she's the biological mother?

Not Matilda.

Although that didn't mean she was going to lash out or look down on Penny and Callie. And she definitely wouldn't let Arizona do that either.

She was scared to see how bad Arizona was lashing out at Penny currently as she walked towards the duo whom were standing in front of a nurses station.

Her best friend, who she knew as Dr. Sunshine, was being rude to someone. She didn't even think that was physically possible.

"I want to know if this baby has a hangnail," Arizona blinked at the redhead. "Can you do that?"

"I can," Penny tried her best not to roll her eyes as she went back to the exam room that held the worried doctors.

"Was that necessary?" Matilda places her chart under her right arm, and lifts her eyebrows.

"Matilda," Arizona's whole demeanor changes completely. "So I called last night—"

"I heard," Matilda nodded, grabbing Arizona's arm with her free arm, and walks with the woman down the hall of the Fetal Wing.

"Ryan picked up!" Arizona's mouth stay's open. "We talked—"

"Arizona—"

"No, no," Arizona stops the both of them quickly. "I didn't mention anything about the kiss. But have you? Because I think he thinks you hate him or something because he just kept talking about you like the two of you were in love or something. Did you give up on Meredith?" Arizona leans her head forward. "Please do not tell me you gave up on Meredith! I owe Alex twenty bucks. But we placed that bet like five years ago. Do you think he remembered?"

"Woah," Matilda placed her hands on Arizona's shoulders to calm her. "That was a lot of information all at once."

"Sorry," Arizona shakes her head and smiles.

"Breathe."

Arizona takes a deep breath, and lets it out.

"Now, no, I have not talked to Ryan about the kiss, because, the whole thing with Meredith and Thorpe, then I've just been swamped. I'm going to talk to him soon. And we definitely are not in love! And I most definitely did not give up on Meredith," Matilda nods and drops her arms from Arizona's shoulders.

"Okay, good," Arizona let's out a breath of relief.

"Good because you won't lose the bet, or because you're worried for my feelings?" Matilda walks down the hall, Arizona following her.