𝐱𝐱𝐢. 𝐦𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐧

SOMETHING AGAINST YOU 12x7

"Any gossip for today?" Matilda stopped by her daughters room around lunch.

"Well, I saw Amelia and Owen getting close earlier at the nurse station across the hall," Jocelyn sat up "I also saw them go to the on call room."

"Oh, wow. I work here and yet, I miss so much," Matilda handed Jocelyn her coffee.

"Yeah, well, it's hard to keep up when your dealing with things other than work," Jocelyn took a sip.

Matilda nodded with agreement.

"So, your surgery is next week," Matilda sat on the bed. "Are you nervous?"

"Yeah," Jocelyn admitted. "But I trust everyone that's going to be in there. Arizona, Callie, and.. who else?"

"Uh.. Richard," Matilda finished.

"Yeah."

"Do you want Ryan here when you come back?" Her mother tilted her head.

Jocelyn sighed at that.

"I'm sorry I asked, but, he wanted me to," Matilda shrugged. "Okay, you want Faith here, though, right?"

"Yes," Jocelyn answered with a single nod.

"Okay."

"Promise me you won't sit in the waiting room the entire time— or stay in here. I don't want that. And don't make me ask Meredith to watch you," Jocelyn threatened.

"Fine, whatever. But what am I supposed to do while your in surgery?" Matilda whined.

"Work," Jocelyn laughed.

"Okay, smart ass. Don't think I won't beat you. Sick or not," Matilda smiled, standing up. "I think I might go to Meredith's tonight and hang out with Alex and all the others."

"Have fun!"

"I will!" Matilda yelled, walking out the door.

🌹

"Any interest in trivia night at a lesbian bar?" Arizona asked April and Matilda.

"I'm not sure I know that much about lesbians," April answered awkwardly.

"Funny. You're— you're funny," Arizona nodded, turning to Matilda, "How about you, Tilda?"

"Maybe," Matilda answered as the other two girls laughed at what was said before. She hadn't been up to anything lately, not since Ryan had shown up—before she had at least tried to show up. But not now.

"Uh, listen, I'm just trying to dip my toes in the pool," Arizona informed the two girls.

"Mm," April hummed.

"Yep," Matilda said, looking down at her patients chart.

"You know, the dating pool," Arizona clarified. "It's been a while, and I need, like, a wingman. Or wingwoman. Whatever. Because women don't buy drinks for sad loners—"

"I have a date with Jackson tonight," April smiled, letting Arizona down easy.

"Oh, that's great!" Arizona said happily.

"That's awesome," Matilda fake smiled for her friend.

"Aah! I know! He, uh, asked me to dinner to talk, and I'm trying really hard not to get too excited about it," April said, trying not to get giddy.

"Oh, but that's a start, so.." Matilda shrugged, placing the chart under her arm.

"Yes, yes, it's a light at the end of a long, dark tunnel," April hurried out of the ICU room.