𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐚 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

"Maxine, can you touch your nose for me?" Amelia asked, the girl touching the tip of her nose.

"Are they talking about me? Lisa and Chelsea?" She elaborated. "I know they are. They're always talking about someone."

"Other hand, please," Amelia tried to block the girls from Maxine's view.

"I've been trying so hard just to make the team a team, you know?" Maxine touched her nose with her opposite hand.

"Maxine you're working yourself up again. Take some deep breaths," Matilda looked up from the chart.

Amelia held her finger out, waiting for Maxine to touch her finger, "You can't advance in cheer if you don't trust each other. Balance and trust, that's the foundation. I keep telling them. So maybe I'm a little bitchy about it. So? It's not like Lisa isn't bitchy every single day of her life."

"Wow, that was all one breath," Amelia presses her lips together. "Your nuero exam is clear. I'd like to get a head C.T. just to be safe."

Matilda and Andrew nod in agreement as the brunette neurosurgeon walked away from the E.R. bed.

"I just wanted us to win," Maxine watched the group with sadness. "What's so bad about that?"

"For starters, you're seventeen with the BP of a fifty-year-old," Matilda placed her pink pen in her lab coat pocket. "Nothing too good about that."

She lifts the sides on the bed, rolling her away towards C.T.

🌹

"You don't, but what is the problem?" Amelia asked as Matilda opened the sliding door to check on her patient. "If Deluca wants to—"

"Shh shh," Maggie shushed her. "Oh. It's just you."

"This still with Deluca?" Matilda leaned against the wall.

"Yes, 'this still.' I don't even know what 'this' is, and I don't need to figure it out in front of everyone else."

"How's our cheerleader," Matilda leaned to look at the scans.

"It looks like a mild concussion," Amelia observed.

"What if it ends?" Maggie worried. "Then I'm the woman who dated the pretty boy and it all fell apart."

"Are you okay?" Matilda lifted her brows, not really in the mood for relationship talk right now, but if Maggie needed someone she was here.

"Who will take me seriously then?" Maggie looked between Amelia and Matilda.

"We're— we're supposed to take you seriously right now?" Matilda joked.

"I'm a very serious person!" Maggie defended herself.

Matilda helped roll Maxine down the hallway, away from C.T., along with two other nurses.

"Your head C.T. is fine," Matilda nodded happily. "You probably have a mild concussion. Not a big deal. But you need to figure a way to control your stress."

"I know," Maxine shook her head. "I've always been like this. My parents say I'm high-strung."

"Hm," The blonde hummed. "Your parents are on their way?"