[10] leaving

┌────────────┐MADDIE ALBAH└────────────┘

┌────────────┐
MADDIE ALBAH
└────────────┘

LEAVING

FOR THE past five days, Reece has made sure she had eaten everything on her plate. It didn't matter how long it took her to take the fork full of food into her mouth, he would wait until she took the bite. He didn't force feed her, which was kind of nice of him to be patient and not rush her. Unlike her mother, who had made her eat quickly because of a tight schedule, or Maddie just didn't get to eat at all.

The longer she stayed here handcuffed to the bed, the more she slowly realised Reece wasn't that bad of a person. Yes, kidnapping her was a horrible thing to do. But he hadn't laid a single hand on her since he chloroform ragged her.

She tilted her head just the tiniest bit at her kidnapper, watching him focus on cutting her pancakes he had made for her. They were tasty and sweet. Especially with the extra maple syrup he had drizzled all over, letting the fluffy sweet pancakes soak it up like a sponge.

The look in his hazel orbs was soft and attentive. The relaxed muscles in his jaw allowed his thin lips to be parted softly, she then lowered her eyes down to his chest. He was wearing a black muscle shirt, his tanned shoulders bear from any fabric. They weren't that muscular, but they didn't seem weak, though, as he had the muscles tightened as he cut her food. She could see him breathing, his bare shoulders raising and falling with each inhale.

His chocolate brown hair was tied up into a half ponytail on the top of his head, the lower half of his locks brushing his shoulders and lower neck. It looked so velvety as she wanted to reach over and touch it for just a second to confirm her suspicion.

She couldn't help but actually admire how normal he looked just sitting in front of her. As if he had never kidnapped her.

"You're staring at me," Reece said softly, not bothering to remove his focus from cutting the pancakes into bite sized pieces.

Her nape was lit aflame as the heat traveled up to her cheeks in a deep red tint on the apples of them. She darted her eyes to her lap, biting the corner of her lips. "S—Sorry," she murmured.

"Never apologise for something so simple as staring at me," he told her. She looked up only to be met with his hazel eyes, the blue specks in the lower half so light in colour, it was almost like a calm ocean where she could see her feet deep in the water.

She gave him a small twitch of her lips. His eyes widened a bit and almost instantly he smiled back, his face almost brighter than before as the corners of his eyes formed wrinkles in the outer corners. He looked so happy in this moment and it made her brush some of her wavy brown hair behind her ear, looking away knowing she caused him to smile like that.