[15] waterfall

┌────────────┐MADDIE ALBAH└────────────┘

┌────────────┐
MADDIE ALBAH
└────────────┘

WATERFALL

THREE DAYS have past, and yet, she could still feel the sharp edge of Reece's pocket knife's blade pressed to her neck. She rubbed the area a few times, trying to rid the distinct memory seemingly etched into her warm flesh, it's cold metal still faint on her caramel skin.

Reece was sitting in front of her, eating the sloppy porridge he had made for breakfast this morning. He was scooping it up by the spoonful, slurping the dull, brown undertone cream oats and the bit of milk and honey he added into it. She pulled up the right side of her lip as she continued to listen to him eat. He was an extremely loud slurper and it was starting to annoy her, sending little bursts of disgust throughout her body that only led to her cringing more.

"Y—You're eating loudly," Maddie said meekly, afraid she might have offended him, leading him to bring the knife out again. She didn't have a clear view of it, but in her wild mind she thought it might be in the pockets of his pants. Although, she couldn't tell if they had pockets due to him sitting cross legged, his knees hid the area pockets generally were at his hips.

Reece looked up, eyeing her through his curtain of chocolate curls. He was hunched over as he ate like a beast that had been starved for several days. "My dear, and yet you haven't touched your food. Mhm?"

She narrowed her red undertone brown eyes at him quizzically. "You've changed the subject. . ." her voice stern with a pinch of annoyance wrapped into her tone.

His hazel eyes seemed to widen upon hearing her, eyebrows raising and creating little valleys on his forehead. He was silent for a few long seconds, almost feeling like eternity, until he let out an airy sighed she barely heard. "I heard, mhm—" a cheeky side smile crossing onto his pink lips with a soft gentleness to his eyes— "and I will eat quieter from now on, how's that sound?"

She gave it a thought, amazed he even answered her instead of leaving her feeling like she had been speaking with a brick wall. She gave him a small nod of her head.

"Good girl," he murmured into his breath, as if it was him absentmindedly speaking his thoughts without knowing he had done such a thing. Her neck was lit aflame, flowing up to the tips of her ears in a fierce burn. The hazel of his orbs glassed over with a thick haze with deep thoughts. "We should do something—" he paused, his eyes clouding over— "something nice . . . together."

She sat there quietly, processing his words and trying to comprehend what he was talking about. She drew to a blank, furrowing her brows and asking him through her confused eyes what he was talking about. He simply gave her a pearly white smile, that had the slight hint of a smirk to the left of his lips as it pulled out more than the right side.