Traditions

*********************
The words I blurted out in the mists of Rhazo giving Lucas pain ran through my mind. I said I would do anything, I didn't think it would come back to bite me in the ass.

"You want me to fight her because of what I did earlier."

"You will honor our traditions by fighting the right way." Rhazo turned around and sat back at his desk.

"I will not participate in you traditions."

"You have no choice. You challenge an Alpha female, a competitor. She has the right to challenge you back." His calm voice rumbled through the room.

"My men will take you to your room, Emily is there and will prepare you for the fight."

Before I was able to say anything a men came from the other side of the door and grabbed me by my arm. Rhazo lightly growled at the men telling him to loosen grip. I turned around and walked back to my room with the escort that Rhazo gave me. In that time my mind began to go 100 miles per hour, what was to become of me at the end of the night. I was to fight Katie at sunset for the position of Alpha Female, Could I win? Flash backs of when she jumped in Rhazo arms and kissed him came to my mind, my doubts of weather I could win or not diminish as rage took it's place. I'll show him what I can do.
*********************
I sat in the chair next to the window of the room, Emily was constantly talking telling me that fighting for Alpha Rhazo was and honor and that I have a once in a lifetime chance to become his alpha female.

"If you lose, you will be subjected into serving and passed down to the next higher up, so it's best if you win."

I peeked my ears up at what she said. I'll be passed down?

"What do you mean I'll be passed down to the next higher up?"

"Well when females fight for a position in the pack you will have a chance with the next superior if you lose. It's to ensure that the higher ranks have a strong mate so their offspring will be strong as well."

Their traditions are savage. They pass women around like they're cattle.

"Let me guess this is one of your traditions."

"Yes, our practice has been ongoing since the founders of our packs, Alpha Rhazo's ancestors."

"What exactly are your traditions?"

"We have many traditions the female selection is just one of them. In our pack the higher rank females are treated with high regards. The males will look after their mate with protection and security. The females that do not have mates are passed around to gain protection and to avoid famine." Emily stated matter of fact, like females getting passed down to the next in line was something that was normal.

"So the women here are just sex slaves."

"Not necessarily sex slaves, the women are more then willing to have sex with the men here. But if your mate is a higher up male, the more your treasured and taken care of." The Rules and customs here are foreign to me, they are accustom to such selection. I didn't ask or say anything else, I was to distraught of their traditions, so much that I didn't want to know anymore. Emily turned around and proceeded to talk about what I'll be doing at sunset, completely ignoring my silence.

"You are allowed one weapon, it's not a fight to death but you can get gravely injured. Some women even die during their battle."

Emily took a bag that was sitting in the corner of the room. She searched around in the bag, scanning each item that was in it until she found the right one.

"Here we go."

She pulled out a long knife looking object, but it didn't look like a regular knife. This weapon looked like it came from the stone ages with the tip of it curved. The composition of it had ingrained tribal markings that I couldn't read, the holes that went through the knife made it all the more threatening.