Release

18+ Warning!

********************

Father Lorenzo was explaining the book while I was still trying to comprehend the fact that I was part Deviation. My mother was a Deviant. How could she not tell me? Did my father know?

"Kara. Are you listening?"

"Humm. Sorry, still trying to process the fact that you just said that my mother and I are both Deviants."

"If you're still having doubts, I can show you something only deviants have." Father Lorenzo held out his hand indicating for my wrist. Without hesitation I put my hand out. He grabbed my hand and closed his other hand on my wrist. Closing his eyes, a dim light shone between his hands. I took a step back in surprise, when he removed his hand there was a symbol in red markings.

"What is this?" I observed my wrist, the marking was a bright red and oval shape curving into itself. I have never seen this symbol before.

"A runic. Deviants get the rune when they come of age. Your mother must have put it there when you were a baby to protect you." He went back to the table and opened the book.

"How did you know it was there?"

"As a fellow deviant, I can sense it. Now, we must begin, we don't have much time." Father Lorenzo stood in front of the table, across it was a single chair. I guess that's my seat. So many questions ran through my mind. It was too much to comprehend in one setting. Father Lorenzo said we don't have much time and I'm sure Rhazo will notice my absence too. The thought of being caught by him stirred my stomach. I hurried up and took a seat in the chair across from Father Lorenzo, hoping we will be done before anyone notices. Anyone being Rhazo.

****************************

I've learned almost everything that I needed to know about the deviation. Now it's just about practicing the gift given by the moon goddess.

"There's only a handful of us left in the world. Me, you, and your mother included."

"I read that they were killed off by a Lycan." I thought back to when I was reading the books.

"They were. A very powerful Lycan."

"But why?" I asked.

He shook his head. "Some say it was bloodlust, others say he had a motive."

"He?" So the lycan was a male.

"Only Males can become lycans, cursed by a witch or the moon goddess herself. Horrible fate really. Nobody wants to become a Lycan, even Lycans themselves." Father Lorenzo moved to the other side of the room, he grabbed the tea pot that was on his desk and poured me a cup.

"Here, drink this."

"What is it?" I grabbed it and smelled it. I threw my head back in disgust, my face contouring at the smell.

"It's a drink to mask my scent, we can't let anyone know that we know each other."

"Why not? They think that you're just a librarian." I was confused.

"You saw what Rhazo did to Lucas just because he was around you too much."

I thought back to when Rhazo tortured Lucas. I didn't want that to happen to Father Lorenzo. I shook my head.

"But what about Lucas? He knows that we know each other."

"We won't have to worry about Lucas. Me and him came to an agreement that will help both of us out. Now hurry." He pinched my nose and poured the drink down my throat.