Truth

***************

The arrival of Rhazo's mother caused an uproar. They were unprepared for the arrival of the mother of their Alpha, not only were they unprepared but they did not know what to do. Rhazo's mother is of such high rank, the previous Alpha female coming to the land probably after so long. Rhazo was not happy either. He was upset at his mother for letting Lucas go. The entire time he ignored her ramble as she asked questions about the condition of the pack. While I was busy trying to figure out where they were going to take Lucas.

As soon as they took the chains off they dragged him away. Alessandra promised that he would be taken care of but I couldn't help but to worry. He was my friend. I climb up the stairs with wobbly legs, cringing at the thought of Lucas' face. He was badly beaten by Rhazo and he would most likely never talk to me again. This was what he wanted. I could see it in his eyes. Rhazo disliked the thought of me hanging out with him, so he tortured Lucas until he gave in. I stopped at Rhazo's door, I had to find out where Lucas was. The distant talking and whispering made me hesitant from opening the handle.

"I won't do it mother!"

"You have to Rhazo!"

My heart dropped. Were Rhazo and his mother arguing again? Wiping my face of the tears that dried to my face, I knocked on the door to enter into unknown territory.

"You dare come in here without my permission." He bared his teeth at me the second I walked in. I put my head down in submission.

"I just wanted to ask a question." I slowly looked back up. Rhazo was sitting at the head of his desk while his mother stood in front of him, her arms crossed. He still had on the bloody shirt from when he tortured Lucas.

His eyes pierced into mine, with a frown on his face he studied me. He looked like he was mad at whatever his mother said. Tapping his fingers on the desk he nodded his head towards the door, his eyes never leaving mine. His eyes engulfed me. Devouring me. Alessandra made a beeline for the door not before stopping at my side.

"We should get lunch together sometime. Get to know each other."

Not really paying attention to what she said, I gave her a smile as she made her way to the door. The loud echo of the door closing made me more aware that I was in a room all alone with Rhazo.

"What's your question?" He asked, uninterested. Should I ask him where Lucas is? Right after he tortured him. I should've asked Alessandra, she would've told me.

"I-I wanted to know where L-lucas is being held." I mentally slapped myself.

"You want to know where Lucas is?" Rhazo turned his chair, slowly getting up, never taking his eyes off me. Suddenly interested in what I'm saying.

"Yes." I say more confidently. Lucas was a person that I've only known for a few days but he has become my friend.

He chuckles slightly at me fixing his sleeve cuff.

"You still think Lucas is your friend." He stopped in front of me. Trapping me in his arms against the wall.

"You know what he told me." His head tilted to the side. His lips turned in a smug smirk baring his teeth.

What is he talking about?

"He told me that the only reason he was friends with you was to get to me. Katie is his mate."

I frown my eyebrows in disbelief. He was Katie's mate? He would've told me if he had a mate. Right?

"You're lying." I whispered.