Meet My Dear Friends

Recommended song: "Liggi" by Ritviz

I

"Hello, fellow idiots," you greeted the group of four huddled at the entrance of your apartment.

"Hello~," they called out together.

Yanfei, Xinyan, Chongyun and Li Na bee-lined into the apartment, observing the space.

"You still haven't unpacked?" Yanfei tsked, pointing to the stack of bags lined up against a wall.

"I was busy," you glared at her. On returning home last night, you had gone straight to bed, not even bothering to change out of your clothes.

"Where do ya wanna get started?" Xinyan asked, placing her guitar carefully near one of the lamps. "I was thinking we could work on the closet till the furniture gets here," you replied, tying a bandana on your head to cover your hair which was tied in a low ponytail.

"When will the furniture get here?" Chongyun asked drearily, hunching his shoulders to portray his resentment upon being there.

"About an hour," you replied, hands on your hips. The blue-haired boy groaned.

"Hey, no one told you to challenge Xinyan in a popsicle eating contest," Li Na remarked.

"I really thought I would win," Chongyun crossed his arms.

"You underestimate me, ice boy," Xinyan huffed. Chongyun rolled his eyes, mocking her words, resulting in a narrow-eyed smile from the singer.

"Alright, where's the closet?" Yanfei picked up one of the suitcases, grunting due to the weight. You took the suitcase off her hands with ease, walking further inside your apartment to the bedroom, the girls following behind.

"Get that green one in here," you called to Chongyun. He picked up the said suitcase with both hands and waddled in as well.

You laid the suitcase on the ground, untying the buckles while Chongyun placed the other one beside you. One by one, you handed out your clothes to Yanfei, who arranged them in the hangers that Chongyun gave her and passed them to Li Na, who then placed them on the metal rod bolted between two wooden planks. Xinyan sorted the rest of the clothes in the other compartments, positioning them just how you instructed.

She hummed her most popular song, the others joining in as well. Pretty soon, you brought in another suitcase, repeating the process.

Xinyan intensified her singing, hopping around and shaking her hips. Your shoulders followed her movements, voicing out the lyrics along with her.

The remaining three bopped their heads to the melody, occasionally shouting out the chorus. A loud knock sounded from the living room and Xinyan danced her way to the door, still singing. She opened the door and was greeted by a confused Zhongli, a bouquet of flowers in one hand.

She pulled him in with his free hand, twirling him around while you walked out, trying to stifle the laugh which erupted from your throat on seeing Zhongli's horrified expression.

The others working inside screamed the lyrics again and Xinyan finished, flashing a pose, pushing the man away from her in the process. Zhongli stood shocked and limp, mouth agape.

You snorted, holding your stomach as you reeled back.

"Ooh violetgrass," Xinyan said, noticing the bouquet, "my favourite! Thank you," she snatched the flowers from his hand and smelled them deeply. "Are you a fan?" She asked, still in her own world.