A Love to Remember

TW: mild nsfw (read at your own risk)

"I'm so happy for you," you said as you hugged Chongyun, voice swelling, tears threatening to slip over.

You cupped his face, feeling so proud of your friend. You had arrived just in time, before locking all your worries in the back of your mind because you weren't going to let your problems affect Chongyun's day.

"Xingqiu," you shook his hand as you handed him the gift bag, "I wish you both the best in life."

Xingqiu gracefully engulfed you in a hug, saying his thanks for your attendance.

"Open that at home," you pointed to your gift bag now placed neatly on the table amongst fifty others. "There's a note to explain just how much you should appreciate me for that."

"You just have to brag about everything," Chongyun punched you lightly in the arm.

You laughed and hugged him again, kissing his cheeks before letting the others greet him as well. You made your way back to the table where Xinyan and Yanfei were casually chatting away with Zhongli.

"Where's Li Na?" You asked the girls as you settled beside Zhongli.

"Hello to you too," Xinyan mockingly bowed her head, with you repeating her actions.

"She's the event manager for this thing!" Yanfei exclaimed, splaying out her palms to convey her disbelief. "It's gorgeous. I hate it."

You chuckled. It was indeed gorgeous. The venue was decorated in all glam and glory, something you were sure was footed by Xingqiu's elder brother, the master of the Feiyun Commerce Guild. It's understandable because both of them deserved an extravagant celebration of their union.

"I can't help but remember our engagement," you whispered in Zhongli's ear, making him smile against your cheek.

It was simple. Zhongli had proposed to you on a random evening during the first few weeks of your established relationship, after you had come back home from work, your exhausted form splayed on the couch. You had dozed off for a while and when you woke up, you saw Zhongli kneeling on the floor beside you, eyes hopeful as he held the ring box in his hand, the orange Cor Lapis rock staring at you intently.

You were caught so off-guard, you didn't reply for a full minute, pupils darting between the rock and Zhongli's hopeful face.

"Will you marry me?" He had asked, and you had immediately sprung up from the couch, kissing him in reply. "Yes," you had exhaled against his lips, your entire being filled to the brim with the happiness you weren't sure was even attainable.

He had slid the ring onto your finger and had let you straddle him, pushing him down on the living room floor. That night as you rode him to death, your every cell willing to succumb to his unconditional love, you had realised that nothing had felt more right than being there with him. Being alive, spending the rest of eternity together.

Zhongli silently intertwined his fingers with yours, kissing the top of your head as you lay against his shoulder. There was so much going through your mind, about Alice and if she was the woman who had resonated with your vision that day in the bar.

You pushed the thoughts away again, leaving them for future Y/N to deal with. For now, you were here to bask in this festivity.

After the couple greeted all their guests, the rings were exchanged while everyone cheered. Of course, your table was the loudest, with you standing on your chair and howling for Chongyun. He was so embarrassed, his entire face was red and Xingqiu had to convince him to dip into his emergency popsicles.