━𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙡𝙤𝙜𝙪𝙚

•┈┈┈••✦♥✦••┈┈┈•

━━ 𝑷𝑹𝑶𝑳𝑶𝑮𝑼𝑬

"𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫, 𝐰𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠

"𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫, 𝐰𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠."

ELIZABETH CHASE HAD currently been playing outside in recess as normal preschoolers do

ELIZABETH CHASE HAD currently been playing outside in recess as normal preschoolers do. She was with her best friend, Tamara. She had recently found out the news about Tamara and her mother, Yolanda, moving, so Elizabeth made sure to spend every moment with her. They couldn't see each other a lot of the times during school, though, Tamara being in 1st grade. The only time they could hang out during school hours were during recess.

"Hey, I'm gonna go to the bathroom, 'Kay?" Tamara patted Liz's shoulder as they were sitting down on the playground, "I'll be right back."

"Okay," Elizabeth shrugged before watching Tamara go back into the building. She sighed and looked around, hoping to find other people to play with. She didn't have as much friends in preschool since she mostly hung out with Tamara. She didn't really know anyone there, so it would be much harder for someone to come up to her and be nice.

As she looked around, she saw a girl saying mean stuff to these two boys. One of them didn't look too phased by the insults being thrown his way, but the other looked as if he were quaking in his boots.

Elizabeth huffed and decided to storm over there, wanting to stand up for the boys. Maybe she'd make new friends in the process.

"And you're—"

"Hey!" Elizabeth interrupted the mean girl, "Stop!"

The girl turned around, "What do you want?"

"I want you to stop being mean to them," she glanced over to the boys who had been staring at her in awe.

"What're you gonna do, pigtails?" the girl teased her.

"Heh," Elizabeth took a few steps forward and slapped her hard on the cheek, a red mark now on it, "That's what I'm gonna do, frizzy."

The girl's hand automatically flew up to her cheek and she ran away crying, probably to tattle-tale.

Elizabeth chuckled and made her way to the two boys, "Are you guys okay?"

"Yeah, thanks," the curly-headed boy smiled, "No one else did that for us."

The straight-haired boy quickly went on one knee and took her hand, "Will you marry me?"

"Huh?!" Elizabeth's eyes widened as she stared down at the boy who looked dreamily at her.

"You're so cool! Will you please be my wife?"

"I don't even know your name!"

The straight-haired boy stood up,

"I'm Shawn Hunter," he pointed to himself.

He pointed to the curly-headed boy who waved sweetly.

"And this is Cory Mathews."

"Nice to meet you both. I'm Elizabeth Chase Parker," the blonde smiled softly, "How about friends first?"

"That's fine with me," Cory shrugged.

"As long as you promise to marry me one day," Shawn added.

Elizabeth rolled her eyes playfully, "Yeah, sure, Shawnie."

"Yes!" Shawn cheered, "I'm so telling my mommy I have a wife now."

"Shawn! You said one day. Not now."

"Well," Cory smiled smugly, "Today is one day. So technically, you're his wife now."

Before Elizabeth had a chance to respond, the teacher pulled her away, the mean girl in the background holding her cheek in pain.

As she was getting pulled away, she saluted to the boys who had been staring at her getting dragged away before arriving inside the building.

"See you later!"

"Liz? Why is the teacher taking you?" Tamara asked as she noticed the preschooler getting dragged by the teacher in the hallway, on their way into the principal's office.

Elizabeth shrugged.

"That girl was being mean to my friends," she pointed to the mean one who was sitting with other children, "She deserved to get hit."

Friends.