𝟸𝟶|| 𝚏𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚜 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚎𝚢 𝚔𝚎𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚛?

❝𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐯𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐥𝐥 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐞

ELIZABETH CHASE FELT A BIT WEIRD AS SHE WALKED INTO MEL'S DINER

ELIZABETH CHASE FELT A BIT WEIRD AS SHE WALKED INTO MEL'S DINER. Boys and girls had been staring at her, looking her up and down as she did and it made her feel uneasy. She had already been asked out by ninth, tenth, eleventh—even twelfth graders—before they found out her age and grade.

Elizabeth could understand it was an accident, but she couldn't understand the simple courtesy of just not staring at someone so deeply.

"Two hamburgers, fries and sodas, please," Liz smiled at the Steve, the cashier.

She shook her overwhelming thoughts out of her head before refocusing on why she was here in the first place.

She had a date with some random (also) soon-to-be 7th grader (as of tomorrow).

"Comin' right up," Steve smiled, placing her money in the register before writing down her order and moving it to the side for the cooks.

Elizabeth took a deep breath before walking to any empty booth, sitting down quietly as she waited for her date to come.

It had been two hours.

He never came.

Elizabeth had her head in her hands as she sighed, knowing she got stood up.

"Hey, honey..." Steve cleared his throat gently, "I'm sorry, but my boss keeps telling me that I have to let this table go," he glanced back at his boss that was in the kitchen, "I'm sorry."

"It's fine, Steve," Lizzie shrugged as she grabbed her purse, "I was just leaving."

Before he had the chance to say anything, Elizabeth had already left the diner, on her way to walk home.