Chapter 1 - Daydreams

"Alright Y/N..." Was all i heard, it was such a familiar voice... yet filled with concern. I fluttered open my eyes to see another big, brown ones staring back at me... it was Mr. Stark. I stared at him blankly, all confused. My wrists felt sore and as I craned my neck down to them I caught a sight of hand cuffs from my wrists to the metal chair's legs. I looked back up this time frowning at Tony, he placed his palms on the metallic table between us, his face was serious.

"Do you remember what happened?" he asked in a calm but stiff tone. 'I have been here for 10 seconds and already something has happened??' I thought. "Do you even remember who I am?" he added.

I kept quiet, not knowing if it was even safe to speak anymore... after three years in that prison and then another year in another sort of prison... I spent a decade of my life not seeing any sun...not feeling rain...not even a glimpse of nature and any sort of creature on this cruel Earth... I spent a decade in the dark... with a shocking neck collar causing my neck to get bruised with burned black skin all around my neck...I should have never left my father... all the prisoners and people hated me... that's why I got shocked so often... there wasn't ONE person who believed in me...not even one... everyday...I grew weaker and weaker...

Tony was a good guy, but the expression on his face didn't say so. I was too frightened to uncover my voice to him... to anyone really. So I just nodded slowly, how could I ever forget him, he was like a father to me, he adopted me and kept me as his own, treated me well and fed me well. "Okay!! Good, good...see? We're getting somewhere!" he exclaimed with sympathy, joy and hopefulness. "Y/N, I need you to know that you are safe here... you have absolutely nothing to worry about." he stated it with a reassuring tone in his voice. But...for some reason...i didn't believe him... every time someone says that... they don't say it reassuringly and laugh at my face for actually believing them.

I had a sudden urge to escape... I couldn't do it for a long while, my eyes darted from white wall to another until I find an exit... I would have bust open the door like it was the lightest feather, like I used to do before I got captured and tackled into a cell, and after 3 years confusingly stolen and imprisoned once again. I once had the power of a raging strong bull...

I felt a sudden screeching pain inside my head as I screamed and kicked the table's leg as I heard: "WANDA STOP" the pain was finally gone as a frightened face with wide eyes and lips parted appeared when I fluttered open my eyes. It was Wanda's face... a reassuring hand patted her shoulder and ushered her out of her place on a chair she was sitting on.

As I lowered my eyes down to the ground, thinking to myself 'What happened?...Did she read my mind? Was I daydreaming? What did she tell them? Does she now know everything about my past?' While I was busy killing myself from the inside with my thoughts, 'The One And Only' Captain America sat on the chair across me. "Long time no seen Y/N" I lifted my head slowly and glared angrily at his bearded face... Jesus Christ I hated his guts... we never had anything in common, he would think of the most complicated plan to just jump over a wall, while I would just go ahead and climb it and roll my eyes at him.

"Well, that face really screams that she remembers me" he said with a light smile on his smug face... as always looking at the bright side. But my face didn't budge; with small narrowing eyes and my mouth twitching with anger and some hateness towards the man in front of me. I let out a small but meaningful groan that made Cap flinch like he didn't see it coming.