Chapter 2- Getting Somewhere

"Stark can we talk outside for a moment" Said Cap, his sight still on my deadly looking eyes. "Yeah...?" Tony looked confused but he looked like he knew what Cap might have came up with.

While Nat motioned everyone out of the room I took a chance to find an escape... but at the same time there wasn't a single exit apart from the door. Not even a window. So I settled on the uncomfortable chair quietly until I heard soft mumbling coming from outside the door.

"Maybe we should give her a chance." Cap's calm voice sounded hopeful.

"Oh yeah? She's traumatized out of her mind, how could she handle joining?" Stark said.

"Not if I train her"

"She hates you"

"I could still try..." For some reason, Cap's words touched a little my heart... he actually believed in me.

'Maybe I should really give him a chance and try to be nice...' I thought. I had never imagined that thought would ever cross my own mind.

After a long awkward pause, Tony let out a sigh that even from a heavy metallic door sounded clearly. "Fine" he finally spoke... like a five year old, I felt like I heard an eye roll coming out with that word, "But how are you two going to get along?" He added. "Watch" Cap said in a 'let-me-blow-your-mind' tone.

He came in with a...plate...of... PANCAKES?? How exactly did he know I loved pancakes??? I immediately stood up in my chair, I straightened my back and widened my eyes to the plate Cap set in front of me. He sat on the chair the opposite side of me and pushed the glorious pancakes close to me... I felt my mouth ready to water and my stomach already growling. Oh my... I haven't had these for the past decade, I can't even stand there with my mouth not watering.

Nat came towards me and unlocked the handcuffs from my wrists as Tony watched with an open mouth. I was already lifting my hands on the table to start digging in, when Cap placed an upside down plastic bowl on my majestic heavenly meal. I gazed into his soul with wide eyes and a frown that alerted him 'I will break your neck if you don't-' "Truce?" he asked innocently but his face serious. I scrunched my eyes, I knew he wouldn't have gave me a free meal without wanting something back... typical Rogers...

After a moment of stressful silence he finally spoke, "Well I guess-", "Truce" I said, stiffly. It was the actual first time I spoke in front of any of them. He smiled at my answer, I would have done anything to get those pancake shoved in my mouth. Cap pushed the plate back towards me as I eyed the crystal honey drizzled all over my cakes and dug into them faster than how much time he took cooking them.

I felt Tony's eyes glaring on me, surprised that I even accepted to be nice to Cap just for some pancakes. "So, Y/N..." My plate was already empty as I looked up at Tony, "Cap, here, was planning to train you", I nodded, "You... knew...?", I nodded again, Cap let out a snort and Nat smiled like a proud mother. Tony raised his eyebrows as if disappointed that I eavesdropped on their conversation. I grinned lightly. They were letting me join again, I wonder how this will go.